Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

i use meguires scratch x to polish

like it says, i use meguires scratch x for polishing and im not happy with it. i see all these paint job that just glow, and i cant get mine there. i would like to use something that i dont have to order and can get locally. give me some ideas PLEASE!

I tried Kit Scratch Out and didn't like it either. I had a little tub of Turtle Wax polishing compound laying around and gave it a try and like it a lot better. Still have to wax afterwards,but it removed those final micro scratches much better.

i dont have a problem with scratches so much as im just not happy with the shine. ive heard of people using the same stuff and getting good results, but i just cant get the same. ive never tried anything after the scratch x. maybe i need to explore that.

Have you guys tried polishing kits before you use the Meguiars? I use the micro-Mesh polishing kits then use Meguiars #7 and here's what it usually looks like...

2f2fchall3-vi.jpg

Your preparation methods as well as a few other factors also have a lot to do with the final outcome.