Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell/Gearz Contest - Official Thread

congrats to the winners and runner ups! sucks i wasnt one of em :( ....but hey....its all picture taking ability eh? :lol:

Well it's half the equation alright, building a nice model is the other. Lets face it, its about preparation. If you are going to build a model for a photo contest then you are doing yourself no service if you don't find out how or find someone who can take good pictures. Excuses like, "I'm just a kid/I can't a afford/all I have is a camera-phone/don't know how" just don't wash. Because odds are you know somebody with a decent camera. A friend, neighbor, family member, a teacher....anybody, who has a digicam with a macro setting.

It's got to become part of your build plan. Build, paint, polish, pictures. Plan ahead. By the way Bandit1, this little speech isn't aimed at you, I'm just ranting in general, and just using your post as a jumping off point.

Congrats to all the winners and everyone else who tried their best. You know more for next time and thats how we all get to the winners circle.

Edited by Jantrix

Well it's half the equation alright, building a nice model is the other. Lets face it, its about preparation. If you are going to build a model for a photo contest then you are doing yourself no service if you don't find out how or find someone who can take good pictures. Excuses like, "I'm just a kid/I can't a afford/all I have is a camera-phone/don't know how" just don't wash. Because odds are you know somebody with a decent camera. A friend, neighbor, family member, a teacher....anybody, who has a digicam with a macro setting.

It's got to

become part of your build plan. Build, paint, polish, pictures. Plan ahead. By the way Bandit1, this little speech isn't aimed at you, I'm just ranting in general, and just using your post as a jumping off point.

Congrats to all the winners and everyone else who tried their best. You know more for next time and thats how we all get to the winners circle.

No harm No foul!....i didnt have time is my excuse....it came right down to the wire with me.... :lol:

but i think im going to try to make a photo booth for next years..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea he was one that I was sure was going to win something.The other charger in his division didn't even sand off the copyrights.

I would have thought that he would take home a prize also!

On the copyrights being sanded off . It is a REVELL contest , why sand off their name?

Ace your car is cool also but the judge has to agree with us on that one.

LONG LIVE THE NNL NATIONALS !!!!

I just used my camera phone and sun light with a white background. You don't have to have a studio or an expensive camera to take good pics. Just need good lighting at the right time of day. The golden hour. Early in the day and later in the day, when the sun isn't so bright. Take lots of pics and choose the best of the bunch.

Edited by Daniej01

Congratulations to all the winners, Great job!

Just my 2 cents so don't kill me but in my option the resin Ace-grageguy didn't win was because it looks almost as if his model is too good, it doesn't look like you use 50% of the parts just looks like you used the body, unfortunately due to revell not letting you describe your work the judges didn't realize that you where in the right, and not breaking there main rule, when in fact you did use a lot more of the kit then it looks, just its all modified. Still the model is great looking,

Any ways here was my entire, was entered in the novice class, didn't win anything but it pushed me to build another muscle car which I hadn't really experienced much before. But I'm really glade I have now.

DSCN2887.jpg

DSCN2955.jpg

Congratulations to the winners again.... :D

Edited by Hippie

They can't show everything online or it would undermine interest in the show before it airs.

Here's the e-mail I got back "Good morning Austin.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we are unable post pictures of the honorable mentions.

Regards,

Juliette"

I don't thing they are going to show them period.