Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Bootlegger Dodge Truck

This is a truck I bult many many many years ago... it's been sitting on the shelf collecting dust, and although I liked it.. the paint is a "10 footer" as they say about real cars/trucks, and its got mold lines, etc.... I can't bring myself to UNDO it, as I dont know hat paint I used, and dont have another set of these decals (think they may have been from a Revell 56 or so Ford Panel Van) BUT, a while back I picked up a baggy kit, that is either missing a chassis, or the chassis got seperated from the rest of the kit, and this week I bought a buildup of the old MPC Dodge Monster truck.... SO, I have been sanding and priming the baggy body, and gioung to put IT on this chassis, and when I get the buildup, will be using that body and chassis with the suspension from the baggy kit, to make a stock 4x4 dodge truck. I got a whole week and a day or 2 to get it done for the Mopar show..... along with repairing some that have had damages, and building a E body custom Zombie Killer that will be in that show, and the community build, on here!<LOL> (It may just be a beater for this show, since time is limited, and then add the zombie killer stuff later!<LOL>) Would get a lot more done if it wasnt 100 degrees outside all day, and my work space is aobut 10 degrees MORE! (No ac, just a fan, and at 100 BEFORE heat index... that just blows hot air!<LOL>)

well, enough rambling... here is 1 of the 3 projects I am CURRENTLY working on....

527974_452800648077747_1025876852_n.jpg

I may rename it with the new body... thinking something like ORANGE CRUSH, if I can find some graphics for it.

602522_454663431224802_905438126_n.jpg

this logo... but without the flowers!<LOL>

orange-crush-logo.jpg

otherwise it may end up a "General Lee" monster Truck.... which would be the EASIEST, since I have plenty of decals for that.

317176_10150497819363508_1475917769_n.jpg

Edited by tvandmoviecars

that is just a small FRACTION of my "To be built" models.... just showed that part, due to my comment about "decals". And no.. not ALL will be General Lees... but yes.... I do sorta like the show... here is what is in my driveway...

GEDC2887-vi.jpg

176780_10150197809018508_240850_o.jpg

and no.. this isn't ALL... you cant see the GMs in this shot or the cases in the other barn... or the built cars.

306399_10150498539823508_106775208_n.jpg

Edited by tvandmoviecars

ok, just bumped it with my elbow and knocked off the entire front suspension!<LOL> guess I didnt use enough glue 20+ years ago when I built it!<LOL> So I pulled off the rear suspension, and will use THIS one for the stock 4x4 truck, and will use the buildup I am getting hopefully by this weekend, as the "Orange Crush" or whatever.... if I can get my backside off facebook and model car websites long enough to actually build!<LOL>

425146_454866014537877_525164607_n.jpg

ok, only the chassis is from the Bootlegger truck, the body and suspension are from a baggie kit only found 3 outside rims, so we may have a problem... not sure yet what to do.. either gotta go with smaller tires, or SOMEHOW find a 4th rim... and I dont have resin or the experience with resin, to repop one... and model show is a week and 2 days away.. got this and a car, and some repairs to do in that time.

hmm.. got a Monogram Ram Charger .. wonder if those tires & rims would fit? I dont have/build a lot of trucks, so my partsbox is pretty limited there.

trying to decide what color to go with... leaning heavy towards white, if I can find any garage/gas station type decals to put on it, that would look "era" correct. Wonder if I can find my sinclair gas decals? havent seen em in 10 years.

Edited by tvandmoviecars

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few sets of the Desert Dog offroad TIRES is what I was meaning. That's what came with my Thunder Struck kit. That way you wouldn't have to make it look 'stock' if you didn't want to is all. If you're interested in a set maybe we could work something out.

Edited by hotrodblder