Model Cars Magazine Forum

Petty Superbird

Scottnkat

Thought I should expand a bit for those who don't know. At the 1970 Rebel 400 at Darlington, Richard Petty (during practice) rolled his Superbird down the frontstretch. Barrell rolling going into and end over end, Richards car rolled over seventeen times and all but demolished the concrete barrier between the track and pit road. In all this, the only injury Richard sustained was a dislocated shoulder from his left arm flopping out of the window although he was nearly thrown from the car. Richard and his wife Linda together, invented the window net almost emmediately. (most of the credit goes to Linda! :P ) The following year all side window glass was outlawed and the window net was required safety equipment.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

Thanks for the comments, all. Michael, the blue is a light blue made by Rustoleum mixed with a little bit of white enamel. I am on a strict budget, so I have to make due with what I can many times. This way, I get enough paint for four cars or so for only about $4.

Thanks for the comments, all. Michael, the blue is a light blue made by Rustoleum mixed with a little bit of white enamel. I am on a strict budget, so I have to make due with what I can many times. This way, I get enough paint for four cars or so for only about $4.

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...