Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Camaro Z28

Scuderia

Thanks for the kind words. I was minus details so I went with a slight two part body colour. I was considering a thin red line above the silver, but wasn't sure how to execute it right. When i was a kid i loved seeing these style Camaro's

VERY NICE JOB on this kit!!

It's funny you mention the red line because I was going to say- When I was a kid, my father had an '83 or '84 IDENTICAL to this, except it had a thin red stripe between the white and silver (and factory rims)...

It was kind of a turd as far as performance (Had the typical low compression 305 "non-H.O." with a Q-jet and 5-speed... 150hp on a good day), but it was a really clean and sharp looking car. Nice ride and handled VERY well for what it was.

Just curious: Did it have holes in the body to mount the mirrors? They should be further forward right next to the black window guides...

Again, VERY NICE JOB! I really like it a LOT!

haha small world, yeah I saw a google pic of a white/silver and decided to go that route. But there are pre-defined notches on the body for the side mirrors to drop into. So to move them it'd require a patch of styrene / putty unfortunately.

I did one of these ( what I call "half snap" kits) but I cut the trans out of the chassis, and I ditched the 305 motor and put a more detailed ol' school 409 in but I'm thinkin of doin a repop and dropping in a 350 insted seems more proper and realistic lol but hey that 409 " she's real fine"

I did one of these ( what I call "half snap" kits) but I cut the trans out of the chassis, and I ditched the 305 motor and put a more detailed ol' school 409 in but I'm thinkin of doin a repop and dropping in a 350 insted seems more proper and realistic lol but hey that 409 " she's real fine"

That's a cool idea, I might try that with a motor swap when they come back out. thanks guys