Model Cars Magazine Forum

LA RATA AZTECA (Revell 40 Ford)

Dr. Cranky

OMG really Doc or Sir Doctor you're creating art and not only that. You're for sure leaving a mark for all of us (new builders) to follow you and 4ever and ever keep in our minds who is Doctor Cranky. I'll be honored to show your art to my children in a future :) great

Thanks for the kind words, Wilbert. Hopefully Doctor Cranky will be around for a good long time, shoot he just turned 50 which I hope is not that old. LOL. :lol:

Hmmmnn, I have noticed that since you have turned 50 , the projects are being turned out a bit slower ! We might have to up your Geritol dosages or buy bigger tennis balls for the walker ! Lmao !

Looking good , Virg , keep at it !

Hmmmnn, I have noticed that since you have turned 50 , the projects are being turned out a bit slower ! We might have to up your Geritol dosages or buy bigger tennis balls for the walker ! Lmao !

Looking good , Virg , keep at it !

HA! I've already upped the dosage. What I need are a couple of those P. Bros. sandwiches, or more Scrapple! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All right, my friends, making a heck of a lot of progress today. Why? Because it is raining and hot outside.

The interior is getting done . . .

IMG_0032-vi.jpg

When I start to feel obsessive compulsive about detailing interiors, I always think of how little of it is going to be seen.

IMG_0033-vi.jpg

This is really looking good Dr. Cranky! I like the shiny new look of your engine but, just wondering what mixture you will use on your wash. Can you name the products and mixtures you use? I have reached this same step on my current build and could sure use your help! Thanks, and I will say this '40 Ford just keeps getting better, good stuff and glad to see you in action once again!

Lookin really good Doc. I have 1 question you said you sprayed the white wall inserts flat white what kind of a wash do you put on them to give them a little road grime look?

Mike, this is all paint, except for the wheels, which have a black wash. The wide all inserts are painted with white primer. The tires and back wheel inserts are weathered with the airbrush by dusting/fogging a bit of sand and light gray acrylic paints, slightly diluted with distilled water so that they are transparent.

Thank you for the question and comments.

Doc, I'm diggin the plates you got on the interior, and the holes on the fire wall!!

Thanks, D. I appreciate the comments and support.

Look'n good!

Thank you, Steve. Stay tuned in for more.

Rick it's a truckload of fun. If you don't believe me ask, Donn Yost! LOL.

Stay tuned in for a new round of progress pics .

Hey ! Knock it off ! You'll have Shiny Jim guzzling that RC concoction of his like there's no tomorrow ! Lol !

And yes , it is a blast ! Gotta admit it , always has been , always will be ! I can hear the crowd now , Virgil ! Delray! Delray ! Delray ! Lol !