Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Concept Camaro RS-7....Z06 inspired

Gray Smith

Hey guys,

after seeing Transformers I was inspired to build my Camaro kit, I've been interested in the car since seeing the concept for the first time, and I do plan to own one when they come out, so in an attempt to build one in a style not done yet, I figured I'd build this in the way I'd like mine to look like

I started looking at some Corvette forums, and fell in love with the current Z06, and decided this was the style I wanted my Camaro to be. I call it the RS-7 as in the stripped down but fast corner carver RS with the 427 engine with the signature RS hideaway headlights and some mild body cladding and flares to accommodate some serious rubber...much like the Z06 vette. I was going to do an lt-5 motor but to keep the rest of the build simple i'm going with the kit lump, but slighly detailed and dry-sumped. wheels are aoshimas new volk Gt-v with an added lip in the back and some of Marc Nellis' fine p-zeros. Here it is in very early stages, hope you guys like it! as always C&C are welcome.

Conceptcamaro1.jpg

Conceptcamaro2.jpg

Gray

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments so far, I've got a few pics for tonight of some small stuff, but this might be the last progress you'll see for a while since I'll be moving into the house I just bought last month over the next few weeks(been over there alot lately getting work and painting done).

Anyway I got some more work done on the grille for the hideaways, and still have to figure out what I'll do for the "eggcrate" thats already there to make it look less egg crate-like...lol(i'm considering filling it all in and cf decaling it with the center strip chrome :D ) It will have a pe RS emblem in the center from a mcg 67 Camaro set once its all done. I've included a few pics with this post of 2 other wheel options and 2 front end options I'm trying to decide upon. One option for the front end is the beginnings of the lower vents I've started, or the resin piece thats sitting up there. I'm actually leaning towards the resin piece since I'm having a hard time figuring out how to tie the other style into the front end. Lastly I plan to do some Z06 style vents to cover the holes in front of the rear wheelwells, but I want to wait until I get some putty work done to the flares.. Let me know what you think guys

concept3.jpg

concept1.jpg

Also I've included pics of a set of CE28N's with a lip in the back, and a set of Tamiya Ferrari Enzo wheels without any added lip since they look similar to the current Vette Z06 wheels. Tell me what you think of those v/s the Volks originaly shown

concept2.jpg

concept5.jpg

concept4.jpg

Ok for those asking about color, I actually originally planned on black like the hotwheels i've got, then I decided HOK Galaxy Gray like the color of my old 240sx was painted...then I decided I want a blue car, so I'm thinking of something similar to the Z06 color Le Mans blue...which i've got a bottle of nail polish and some tamiya blues that I think will get me close. The interior regardless of exterior color will be black and red, and the wheels will be a dark gray like the Comp. Gray color on the Z06 Vette wheels.

Well thats about it for tonight, sorry for the long winded post...i'm bad about that..lol. As always C&C are welcome

Gray

Edited by stryfe101

Gray,

About the color: I have 3 words: blue Blue BLUE!!!!! ;)

Blue is my favorite car color. ;)

I personally like the first set of wheels better, but the other 2 sets are not bad either.

As I said, cool project. I'll follow up closely.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...