Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went to a garage sale on Saturday and was shocked to find that they had about 200 model kits. They were all sealed and in great condition. So heres what I bought:

AMT 57 Chevy Belair

AMT 62 Belair

AMT 65 Ford Galaxie 500

AMT 69 Barracuda

AMT 50 Chevy pickup

AMT 58 Plymouth Belvedere

AMT 66 Ford Fairlaine

AMT 67 Mercury Comet

AMT 66Nove SS

AMT 72 Chevelle SS

All ten kits for forty bucks.

Ed

On the award side, I got the Best Engine award for my '43 Willys pickup; my friend Jerry Cardinal got the Best Under Construction award for his brass version of El Matador; and my other friend, Mike Miller, got the Best of Show award for his very well built 1907 Pocher Fiat.

All-in-all it was a pretty good day!! Special thanks to Bob Carrol for continuing to host the event!! We all hope that you get better soon, Bob!!

I got the Revell '32 Sedan, '55 Bel Air 2n1, a bunch of tuner wheels, and Best Interior for the Focus.

I got the Revell '32 Sedan, '55 Bel Air 2n1, a bunch of tuner wheels, and Best Interior for the Focus.

I knew that you won an award...I just couldn't remember what it was for!! :lol: What a drag it is getting old!! :o

I can't wait to see what you do with the '32!! :blink:

I got one of these,

Hauler.jpg

and a Yankee Challenger Kit From Len Geilser. Thank Raul and Len!!!!!

Shout out to Len, awesome trader!!!!!!

And, you're very welcome, my young friend!! I'm glad to be able to help out a Marine, a family man, a model builder, a great dad and a new father all at once!! :lol:

Even with everything going on with the new baby, taking care of Ani, David and Amelia, you'll probably get your truck and trailer built before I get time to take mine out of the box!! :rolleyes:

Congratulations, again!!

Later,

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see, a few days ago I got a display case trailer, a sheet of BMF, some wheels and tires, a decal sheet and a pre-wired distributer, thanks Raul!!!! Yesterday I went to Big Lots and got 2 66 chevelle wagons, and today I got a new hobby knife, because all of mine have disappeared, some white poster board, and a Peterbilt Conventional

Edited by jones_clayton

• 4 weeks later...

Lets see........Today I got a headache from all my wifes complaining that I have to many hobbies. I mean I only build models, paint warhammer minis. play with Rc cars, play with Rc boats, fly sport kites, collect hotwheels, play with my handguns,I'm an avid COD4 player on Xbox 360, and just for good meassure I collect stamps. I mean sheesh cant she lay off a little :lol: .

Edited by The Madhatter

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...