Model Cars Magazine Forum

Found my old Stash of Parts - BRM's on my VW

CWD

Well, finally coming back to my modeling hobby roots, and I'm so amazed at how far things have come! I started back when I was around 10, started with planes, like most, but never much of a fan of building things 'out of the box. Then, someone gave me a car to build...

I walked away from the plastic for a long time, still building an occasional model, even when I was in the service (barracks life is not condusive to model-building), but really left when my kids were old enough to reach my cars and smash 'em. That was when I packed all my model gear and went on to VW drag racing, RC cars, and a lot of painting, airbrushing.

Now that I'm back, I've started reading up on stuff, and also went back into my parts stash for a quick prerusal. Lo and behold, I found a set of wheels I'd hoarded away for almost 20 years.

More pics to come... the car these belong to is in another box in the garage.

post-10831-999795_thumb.jpg

Finally got a chance to piddle around with the car. The dusty old Aoshima was still there, waiting for some attention!

The body color originally started as a purple base, with a blue over it. The purple shows through as red pearl in the light. I'm actually debating stripping it and doing it in a solid color.

post-10831-1663681_thumb.jpg

Edited by CWD

Here are the wheels with the first coat of black paint in them for the insets. Love the bigs and littles on early VW's.

I believe this one will be slipping more into the Cal Look style, maybe fabbing up a little cage.