Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from California, USA!

Hello everybody, I hope everyone here is having a safe holiday. I did not find a meet and greet sub forum for new memebrs so here it goes.

Some background info of myself:

Im 23 years old from California, I am attending Art Center College of Design/ Transportation major. (Car Design)

In the next 2 years I will be introduced to car modeling and clay making. Currently I have rendering with chalks and pencils. My senior year will be Alias/photoshop computer design for cars along with car modeling.

So for now, since I am obsessed with cars and car design in general (specifically Porsche). I thought it would be a good idea to join this community and start a new hobby. Car model building! I think this atmosphere with new knowledge I will gain will help better prepare myself before I go into professional car making and modeling at my college.

To begin, I have recently ordered my first kit car to build. Tamiya 933 GT2 Street version. I think this kit will be a great beginner for me since I have I love to get my hands dirty and have great craftsmanship. If you guys have any tips or suggestions before I begin my project please let me know. If you know any video or guides please let me know. I plan on painting it red exterior, black interior, gold wheels, chrome lip.

Second, I recently found a company called C1 MODELS, they specialize in high detail and they carry a specific car model I want. Does anyone have any info on this company? quality? worth the extra money?

I have a passion for anything porsche and I love RWB style. If you know a member who sells kits or does complete builds from scratch and paints them please send them my way or mention their name so I can contact them personally.

The only problem with starting with a Tamiya kit is that most other brand models will seem inferior.

Tamiya kits are the highest quality kits I have built. The kit parts fit so well you will need minimal glue. Make sure to use toothpicks or other small applicators. "HOBBY LOBBY" has lots of little extras to help the build. You can always print a 40% discount coupon fron thuer website. Good Luck. I am sure you will enjoy the build.

Check out the Questions section and Tips section here. Most, if not all of your questions will likely be answered.

One important thing though....you will see pictures of a lot of fantastic looking models here. Don't be upset if your models don't come out as good as the ones you see here. Mine sure don't. The fun is the building.

Enjoy