Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where can I find clear sheets of acetate in purple and red colors?

GMP440

Down here, in South Florida we have Micheals Arts and Crafts. I checked there but no luck.

I used this in the clear brown to duplicate smoke tinted windows.

midr9238.jpg

Midwest Clear Red .010 PVC from Tower Hobbies

They don't have purple, but it comes in red, blue, green, yellow, brown, and orange. Clear too. This stuff is awesome for making kit glass.

Down here, in South Florida we have Micheals Arts and Crafts. I checked there but no luck.

Hi guys I'm new on here but while trolling around I saw your question and thought I might be able to help out. If you have a lighting store (the kind that do concerts and club shows) and even some music stores that sell portable lighting trees try asking them if they have any "lighting gels" in stock. These are basically super thin heat resistant sheets that are dropped in the square brackets on portable lighting trees to change the white spotlights to different colors. Some colors are less "transparent" than others but most should work fine for any modeling purposes such as colored tint etc.They are fairly easy to work with and cut easily with plain scissors.

Hope this helps you out.

Chris

I agree on the report covers; the material works great, and it's inexpensive; best of all, the material is very thin and more 'to scale' than kit glass(you can also cut it with scissors). I used smoke-tinted cover material on my Rabbit limo 10 years ago, including the partially-open rear door glass, and it still looks good today:

DSCN3015-vi.jpg

Gluing it in is also very simple. I'd use either epoxy, clear enamel or Micro Krystal Kleer adhesive.

Edited by VW Dave