Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Ferrari duo: "I wish they all could be Californias"

Matt Bacon

It'll be a little while before this one really gets going -- gotta get the F12 built first. But the bodies are done, ready to set good and hard for a couple of weeks before final polishing out of a few blemishes.
new-body-2-XL.jpg
new-body-1-XL.jpg
Revell California "open top" in Zero Paints Blu Mirabeau with 2K clear coat. The interior will be two-tone black and brown, and with luck I'll be using some of Andy's badass big wheels in black as well.
old-body-1-XL.jpg
old-body-2-XL.jpg
Academy "Classic European Sports Car" -- much the cheapest way to get hold of Italeri's 250SWB California Spider. Bought new from eckorea on eBay for rather less than £20 including shipping to the UK about six months ago. The colour is home-brewed, based on a Zero Rosso Barchetta, with some black and a dash of Blu Scozia. It's really hard to photograph... it's not as black (or brown) as it looks. Think of it as a dark aubergine/purple, which is essentially a non-metallic version of "Prugna". I've seen one picture of a Cali Spyder in this colour, and it stuck with me -- I wanted a dark colour, but not pure black. The interior will be brown leather.
More in a month or so...
bestest,
M.