Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Guy - On My Workbench **update**

JasonW18

Hello All, I'm a newbie here and thought i'd say hi and post some pics of my projects i'm currently working on. I found this site while trying to find some tips for detailing models, and I think I have found the right place.

A little info about me, I started building models as a kid and have now just recently started getting back into it, with more attention to detail. I am still fresh at getting stuff to look realistic, but hopefully I will get to the skill level that many of you on here are at.

I am the type of person who gets tired of one thing and will jump to something else fairly often, so I have about 3 models going on right now, but here's the two that are farthest along,

Here is my 55 Chevy Pro stock, It just needs some finishing pieces (wheels, carbs etc), finish the decals and clear and it will be done,

WhitsCameraPics112c.jpg

WhitsCameraPics113d.jpg

And here is the 29 ford pickup that I started here recently. This is the most in depth I've ever gotten in messing with a model. I have cut the floorpan and channeled to get it down over the frame. It came with a inline 4 engine that I didnt like, so I found an olds rocket engine from a 39 ford model that I will use.

Its still in the early stages and I have to finish detailing the engine and figure how to get the stance right. Plus I cant decide if I should chop it.

Heres the kit,

WhitsCameraPics112.jpg

Here's how it sits channeled

WhitsCameraPics114.jpg

After cutting the floor and moving it up,

WhitsCameraPics115.jpg

After filling the rough spots

WhitsCameraPics116.jpg

Let me know what you guys think,

later,

Jason

Edited by JasonW18

hey welcome to the site. i am new here, too, and this is a great website for help on anything that has to do with models (thanks to the people that replied to my post by the way, i had things going on and was not able to reply). Your models look great (better than mine do at least), but then again i am a total noob at modeling :rolleyes: . i think that you will like it here, as there are many great and talented people who enjoy sharing their tips, and tricks.

again, welcome to the forum and cool models :rolleyes:

Hey Jason,

Doug here from Missouri and a nube also. Just logged in and sounds like a great place to kick it down.

Love the 55 and especially the 29. If I were you? I would give the cab a slight chop. Don't forget you're gonna lower it. I would think the cab would look awkward sticking up like a smoke stack. But on the other hand,come to think about it, it would be different though. Make a sketch and decide but br sure to let us know.

Doug

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, thanks for all the input and kind words. Here is the next stage in the 55 build.

The only thing left really is the carbs, taillamps and window glass

I havent done much more to the 29, I'm stuck on whether or not to chop it. In the meantime I also started building a 66 Nova that started as a box stock build but has evolved some, and now I'm waiting on some wheels to show up in the mail. I never can just build something simple...

montecarlo10-25-07.jpg

montecarlo10-25-07004.jpg

montecarlo10-25-07003.jpg

montecarlo10-25-07001.jpg