Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments.......I made a couple parachutes, wheelie bars and fuel shut-off valves.......I modified the headers ,painted and weathered .......I did a little more work on the "Snake".........I will start building the "Mongoose next........thanks for looking.

DSCF7465_zps6e4bd3a6.jpg

DSCF7466_zps7023f5f2.jpg

DSCF7469_zps129b64c8.jpg

DSCF7470_zps091c4b85.jpg

DSCF7473_zps518f1805.jpg

DSCF7475_zpsc688cf28.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Phenomenal work John. Its not just that's its so cleanly put together or that they're built so fast or that they're weathered to perfection, Realism can be obtained by a few builders on this forum, but you ............ you seem to capture the very essence of what you build and it shows. Thank you for sharing some of the processes you take, I'm sure all of us take something in from all you share.

John... Awesome work on this bud. The Snake looks killer and I love all of that detail you got going there. I am gonna have to see if I can get FED done before next weekend ;). You have inspired me to get mine done that has been sitting for the past 17 years and was painted 2 years ago lol.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Brett's right. I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure plenty of us take in what you do and try to apply these techniques to our builds. I have learned to study photos of the 1:1 cars to better replicate the real thing in small scale, but I have a lot to learn.

Maestro Teresi... if you've addressed this in another forum, I missed it so forgive me; I just wanted to ask how do the drivers of the vehicles you've done feel about your work? I do remember something with you & Tommy Ivo and the 4 engine Buick/glass transporter, is that right? I'm just thinking how cool it would be that Tom and Don would surely be blown away by these builds.

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments......I did more work on the "Snake".......I got the front axle, radius rods and wheels on.......I also attached the steering linkage and parachute release ring........the "Snake" is just about finished.......all I need to do is put on the cowl "Snake" decal and attach the butterfly steering wheel.......then I can work on the "Mongoose"......thanks for looking.

DSCF7512_zpsd85c3095.jpg

DSCF7504_zps0e4e0657.jpg

DSCF7493_zpse2032428.jpg

DSCF7507_zps75ff7f45.jpg

DSCF7518_zps9cfa948b.jpg

Absolutely, positively amazing work sir. The detail is beyond words. I know as modelers our goal is to "mimc" the 1:1 car, but your work is so good I'm not sure I could tell from a picture whether I was looking at your model or the actual car. These are truly works of art!

I hope your decals were waiting for you when you got home from DSC. I had a blast hanging out with you and talking styrene and alclad.

I have to agree here. It was such a blast hanging out this weekend and talking plastic. I can't wait to see these two done and hoping as well that your decals got there.