Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

I hope your decals were waiting for you when you got home from DSC. I had a blast hanging out with you and talking styrene and alclad.

Brad.......same here..........decals were here........I coated and applied them yesterday.......I will have the parts clear coated today ........and tomorrow I will finish up the Mongoose.........thanks Big Brother.

I have to agree here. It was such a blast hanging out this weekend and talking plastic. I can't wait to see these two done and hoping as well that your decals got there.

Thanks Chris.........I gotta tell ya........your version of that "Snake" build is the best I have ever seen........it just rocks my friend. :)

John... thanks buddy I apprecuate the kind words about my build.. I am excited to hear that your decsls were there when you got home. I am looking forward to updates on this beautiful biild. When I finish the Army F/C we need to takes pics of our snake cars togeter like we talked about. I think it would be pretty cool. Also wanted to let you know that I emailed you my info so you have it.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments.........I really do appreciate them......... I finally got the finished decals applied on the "Snake" and "Mongoose"........I started to build the "Mongoose today.......all the parts are painted and ready to apply........I should be able to finish the "Mongoose" tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF7528_zps0f36ddfc.jpg

DSCF7529_zpsc71c1031.jpg

DSCF7530_zps0f6817e4.jpg

DSCF7532_zpsa03815a8.jpg

DSCF7534_zps7595aca2.jpg

DSCF7542_zps84b438ee.jpg

DSCF7539_zps60731aef.jpg

John.. beautiful work bud... man that is gorgeous. The detail is just killer. Is that HOK true blue pearl and if so what color base is it over. Nice work buddy!!

Hi Chris..........yes,it is H.O.K. True Blue Pearl over H.O.K. white base coat........thanks ,Brother :)

Hello.........thank you all for the kind comments........I did more work on the "Mongoose" today........I just need to make one more fuel line ,secure the shut off cable and a few small details.......the "Snake" and the "Mongoose" will be finished tomorrow.......they are not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with.

DSCF7543_zps7e7d3419.jpg

DSCF7546_zps28d515a0.jpg

DSCF7548_zps157b9132.jpg

DSCF7555_zps0129d27b.jpg

DSCF7557_zpsaa131d9b.jpg

Edited by John Teresi