Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 1988 Sauber Mercedes C9

BMX Addicts

A bit of a rough morning over here... Ruined, not one, but two firewalls.

Call it lack of ability or missing the right kind of masking tape OR whatever!; I could not figure out how to paint the cage bars alone in metallic blue...

Down to only one left, I decided to paint the whole top section in Blue, but I was so into putting it together, completely forgot to paint the shocks.

Blah!!!

photo-23_zps5cdba6fd.jpg

photo-24_zps5005c10f.jpg

I also have to find some fabric to make the seat belts...

photo-25_zps871fcc1e.jpg

Edited by BMX Addicts

Thanks again Tomo, but not so fast... I may even ask if you have a gun handy and may be willing to put me down at once!!!

Worked a little more on the car last night and honestly thought the chassis was finished (On a side note, this kit comes with no pedals)...

photo-38_zpsb4b5b115.jpg

photo-33_zps85bcf9b5.jpg

This morning getting ready to continue working on the body I realized there is an irreparable mistake...

When pressing the cockpit into the engine bay, the bottom pins came up and lifted the engine compartment

photo-34_zpsb1aae5d4.jpg

This creates a gap that does not allow the body to fit all the way down...

photo-37_zps18394898.jpg

The boddy seats off center and the air filters do not fit right into the holes...

photo-36_zpsce5e26b1.jpg

photo-35_zps450c7d6e.jpg

Pretty frustrated at the moment; I may finish this just for kicks and giggles, but it tears me inside out :wacko:

Thank you Oscar...

Missing the antennas and the mirrors, but the front is pretty much done (Is also missing the lower windshield decal, I ruined it while cutting another).

photo-45_zps809a7eac.jpg

photo-46_zps47289fe4.jpg

photo-47_zpsfe062e04.jpg

WORD OF CAUTION: The Spaz Stix Ultra Shine Clear Coat Acrylic Enamel will melt the Tamiya paint and freeze the colors (You may not see it in the photos but the car turned almost to plain gray).

photo-14_zps1b5218a9.jpg

Dooooood.... I'm getting schooled ove here!!! :P

Man Juan, I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems with this car. :( I have been watching the build and it looks like you were really enjoying it until recently. I was too! Hope you finish it and good luck with the rest of it.

Build number three, and it looks great even with the problems. Every build will teach you something, and every kit, no matter who makes it, is a nightmare waiting to happen. You got through it and have a nice looking model for the shelf, I can't wait to see your next one!

Thanks Mike, I can honestly say this was without a doubt the most challenging one so far, but at the same time I felt a few things throughout the build came out easier than in the previous two.

Been thinking about building a Hot Rod.... I keep watching Donn Yost's DVD tutorials and he does really nice stuff (Like a Charger, a Dart, a hard top GTO or maybe even an old Ford pick up truck slammed down.

OR maybe one of these???

DSC09568_zps6bc3b63f.jpg

Any suggestions?

Edited by BMX Addicts