Model Cars Magazine Forum

Roll cage padding

Heat shrink tubing is just about the best looking. And it can be shrunk in place if you are very, very, very careful (and don't ask how I know that). What I usually do rather than split the stuff to put it around the cage bars is cut the roll cage in an inconspicuous spot that will be hidden by the "padding" and then slip it carefully into place. Does that description make any sense?

Heat shrink tubing, ok ill have to look that material up. So instead of cutting the tubing on one side to make it fit inside the designated rollcage spot, u just cut the Cage to the desired size of the tubing /padding.

I'm looking up heat shrink tubing seeing where it's sold

Erik, I think Curtis hit the nail on the head with his explanation. I have also taken thread and stripped it down to a single strand and wrapped it around the "pad" to make it look like cable ties. Make a simple knot and cut the ends of the string. Make sure to get any "fuzzies" off of the thread. One tiny drop of super glue on the knot and you are good to go!

• 3 weeks later...