Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Bruiser

Quick GMC

I started this a while ago. I had some painting issues, so the body is in a tub of brake fluid right now. I started with the engine. I was going to do a flathead, but I am saving that for the 49 Ford.

I robbed the engine from a BOSS 429, then robbed the headers from my Tony Foti Camaro (I have since received replacements)

The result is a 32 Ford Street Bruiser with headers that barely clear the ground.

I had to relocate the tranny mount, and these wheels/tires are for mockup. I think I will be using the wheels and tires from the Chevy Badman kit.

The headers were tricky. To get them painted the way I wanted, I had to paint each half, weather it, then glue the halves together, isolate the collectors, sand the seams, paint and weather the collectors and blend them in. They aren't perfect, but I'll take it.

ENifZqK.jpg

qKgZUsz.jpg

had to move this

4M4GrFu.jpg

to stuff this bad boy in

D31hA5N.jpg

MzwvIN9.jpg

Looks good. Boss 429 distributor is on the front though. And on blower applications where the cap won't clear the blower I have seen a 90 degree distributor housing

I realized that after I put it together. My excuse is I'm a grown up and I can do what I want :lol:

Great looking engine. Cameron, where did you get the headers and the linkage?

The carb linkage is from Model Cars Garage, they have a nickel and copper version

The headers are from the Tony Foti Camaro (revell), but my replacements came form Ebay with a different trans and other stuff, so I know they exist in other kits. I think they are just Revell's BB headers.

Thank you everyone for the compliments.