Model Cars Magazine Forum

I search a host family

Clemi

Hello,

since some years I have the dream to do holidays in the USA (later I want to emigrate).

I never had enough money to buy this trip. But since this year I'm doing an education here in germany and earn my own money. But it's not enough to pay flight AND hotel.

Also I do it alone and it's not so nice. ;)

So I had the idea that I can live in a host family for 2 weeks. It's interesting and I see a more of the daily living. Also its cheaper than living in a hotel (I would pay a bit to the host family!).

Thats why I write this thread. Has anyone a tip that I find a host family? I have no idea where I should start... Or maybe a forum member is interested to have a guest for 2 weeks? ;)

I hope that anyone can help me.

Clem, I have hoseted several international exchange students in my time, so here is some advice. Your profile says that you are 17, so I'm assuming that you are still in high school. What you need to do is find an exchange program that works in Germany to bring students to the US. Rotary & CCI International are a couple that I know of right off the top of my head, but YOU have to start the process oin your end (passports, J-1 Visa, application, etc.). Once your visa & application are approved, the program will place you with a family here in the US, hopefully in a location close to your choosing. I have had students with CCI for the past few years, and they have very high standards. Good luck.

Clem, I have hoseted several international exchange students in my time, so here is some advice. Your profile says that you are 17, so I'm assuming that you are still in high school. What you need to do is find an exchange program that works in Germany to bring students to the US. Rotary & CCI International are a couple that I know of right off the top of my head, but YOU have to start the process oin your end (passports, J-1 Visa, application, etc.). Once your visa & application are approved, the program will place you with a family here in the US, hopefully in a location close to your choosing. I have had students with CCI for the past few years, and they have very high standards. Good luck.

Hi Jim,

thanks for your answer. I finished my school education last year and now I'm a vocational education (I learn a job in a company for 2 years). The theoretically skills I learn in a technical school but they don't have an exchange program or anything else.

I only want to take normal holidays in my company and go to the USA but live in a host family, not in a hotel. It's just for 2 weeks, not for an half or a year like at some exchange programs.

What is your main area of interest? I have a good friend in Arizona (the owner of an aircraft composites company) who has hosted European students interested in aviation. He was hosted in Germany himself, when he was 16.

Hi Bill,

I prefer the west coast and Arizona, so this would be great! But I'm not a student, I'm an apprentice (electrician).

Here you can read something about my education if you scroll down to point 6, Apprenticeship.

Do you have a Facebook account? I have a friend from Germany that might be able to help you. If not i can see about swapping emails and see if I can get you in touch that way.

Hi Joshua,

thanks, you got a message.

I spoke with my friend in Arizona, and the people he's sponsored have all been involved with aviation composites, and have done 'working vacations', short-term internships, in his shop. Sorry for not being able to help.

Hello Bill,

thank you for your efforts.