Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 360 Modena Spider skinned in McLaren Orange

curt raitz

I've been trying to sell this Revell kit#2365 of the Ferrari 360 Modena Spider for the past 6 years at the NNL West 'cuz consensus was, it's a bad kit. Well if nobody wants to buy it - I guess I'll have to build it.

Going in I knew from past Revell - Revell/Germany kits the ride height is kinda "Donkish"...So I lowered the ride height roughly 1/8 of an inch on all four corners.

Next was what color? I've done my share of Red and Yellow Ferrari's, don't really like White, Silver, Blue or Black. I was gazing at the shelf of paints and happened upon a bottle of Scalefinishes McLaren Orange...Now that would be different...a Ferrari skinned out in McLaren Orange

So away we go...

I was pleasantly surprised at how easily this kit was to build, did not have an issue other than you have to be very carefull with the windscreen frame and installing the glass...it is a little on the fragile side

So here she is:

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_a-vi.jpg

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_i-vi.jpg

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_b-vi.jpg

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_d-vi.jpg

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_e-vi.jpg

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_g-vi.jpg

Ferarri360ModenaSpyder_h-vi.jpg

All in all, I was very pleased with how this model turned out...Ferrari looks good in McLaren Orange Enzo probably would not be happy with it!

Thanx for lookin...

• 2 weeks later...