Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1990 Mustang LX 5.0

Erik Smith

Interior and engine bay painted...

0BBA25C4-8583-4230-A1E6-047FEDCECDD8-164

Still a lot of detail painting to do

Other interior parts:

0400DE96-EF3D-4BE3-86B9-CB9D6BDB2AA2-164

As Bradley noted above, the dash has speakers located at each end. I am not going crazy on detail for this build, but a decal/scribing/? Would help differentiate. I think I'm just going to go with a bit darker gray.

I can see that being moved to the LX Reference Pictures thread in the reference section, as i am sure others could use it as well!

Good point. I created a new thread in "1:1 Car Reference Pictures" called "Fox Mustang Engine Compartment".

Eric, is that just camera/flash/light issues or did you wash/drybrush the rear seats? If it is wash/drybrush, they look GOOD!

I preshaded the darker areas then sprayed Tamiya Gray over it, enough to cover, not enough to obscure the shading. The front seats are done the same way but the lightbulb is directly above them and makes them look different.

I think the seats look ok. The grey gut in my 89 were not very dark

The color is a little misleading in the photo due to the intense spot of light from the bulb - which is only about 4 inches away. It is meant to represent the light gray interior color and I am just using colors I have on hand - this being Tamiya XF-66 Light Gray. It looks pretty close to me...

Engine is painted gray. I mixed Tamiya Light Gray XF-66 with a couple drops of black to get the color close to what I saw and added a coat of Future for semi-gloss shine.

Transmission is Alclad Aluminum, Dark Aluminum with a light spray of Vallejo wash to darken the bell housing a little more.

7C6F764E-F988-459B-9195-4BE474E0B2AD-128

I'll give it all a little dark gray wash later.

Hey Guys,

shouldn't the oil pan be painted black also?

Roy

I believe that could be either way on the pans. I have personally seen both black and gray pans on stock original cars. I have 3 with black pans and one with a grey pan myself. The MCA is compiling a concours rule book on these cars and having a heck of a time as sometimes when demand overrun supply changes were made. I would say either way is correct