Model Cars Magazine Forum

Summertime in the Rockies - Colorado Activities?

Anything model car or automotive related going on in Denver metro or Colorado Springs in June or July?

Any model car or automotive related hobby shops, museums, or attractions to check out? Any model car or automotive related club meetings or shows?

Thanks in model car or automotive related advance!

Edited by Danno

:mellow: BUMP. :mellow:

I originally posted this in the General category :) since it related to model car or automotive related activities. It had several "looks" until it was moved to the Off-Topic Lounge ... :( ... which is basically akin to being sent to the showers when the water's off. :wacko: Hasn't been looked at much since then. :(

So, I'll bump it to the top every so often and hopefully attract a few accidental "New Content" cruisers. :unsure:

Thanks in advance for any info . . . B)

okay....every Wednesday night there is a car cruise @ The Hamburger stand.......1st & Union in Lakewood.

every Friday night is a cruise in @ the Sonic drive inn @ 100th and Federal....................................................

Today, 2 June 2013 is the Western Regional Mopar meet @ Bandimere Speedway.

okay....every Wednesday night there is a car cruise @ The Hamburger stand.......1st & Union in Lakewood.

every Friday night is a cruise in @ the Sonic drive inn @ 100th and Federal....................................................

Today, 2 June 2013 is the Western Regional Mopar meet @ Bandimere Speedway.

That's good to know, Chuck! Thanks for the info.

Lots of automotive stuff, very little model car stuff. For the real thing, check out the Golden cruise night first Saturday of each month. http://www.goldensupercruise.com/ Show up early (by 5PM) if you want to park. You will not be disappointed.

Bandimere speedway for the drags. June 21-23 Thunder on the Mountain highly recommended.

Father's Day - Apex Center in Arvada holding their annual Father's Day car show.

I could go on and on...

The only model car show I know of would be at the Goodguys shows which I think are held in Loveland.

Ok, put this one on the top of your list. bring me a brochure or something. :rolleyes:

Not sure if I'll have time to visit this Saturday, will be in Colorado Springs and Denver that day. It's funny, I lived in Colorado 12 years but didn't know this place existed until after I moved to AZ.

when I bought my 2001 Mustang GT bullitt I decided to try and find this place on a saturday

afternoon. kind of a first drive in my new car.

it is located off the diagonal in Gunbarrell.........northeast of Boulder.

it was funny...I pulled up in my car, and the employee's of the shelby collection came out to see my

new bullitt, and I was going inside to see the history.

at the time, visitors were forbidden to take photographs beyond the front door entrance,

which sucked. I took some great shots of the cars that I could see. and walked around the

place for three or four hours. so much history in that collection it will leave you stunned.

Not sure if I'll have time to visit this Saturday, will be in Colorado Springs and Denver that day. It's funny, I lived in Colorado 12 years but didn't know this place existed until after I moved to AZ.

Ditto!

If you want to check out some very rare and unusual cars, check out Clive Cussler's personal collection in Arvada:

http://www.cusslermuseum.com/

There is also the Forney Museum:

http://www.forneymuseum.org/

June 30th is the Pikes Peak Hill Climb - the second oldest auto race in the U.S.

Been to Forney a lot. Gotta check out Cussler's . . . haven't been there yet.

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb? Yes. Worked it for 16 years . . . haven't been there since they paved the rest of the course. Thanks!

Also, since you're in Golden, Ken, do you know if the Colorado State Patrol Museum is open yet? I've seen a lot about it, but nothing that indicates when it is supposed to be finished or up & running.

Thanks!!!

Ok so I'm in Colorado Springs. Usually every Wednesday and Saturday we meet at hobby town south academy to build. You wanna hang out, send me a pm!

Edit: that goes for anybody

That's cool! Sounds like you've got a lot more going on in the Springs than when I lived there! I may get a chance to check it out.