Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 GTX rebuild Sinister Snake Update 11-05-21 Finished!

TFchronos

whow some awsome scractchbuilding in this thread , just love this car ... :wub:

i'm not the biggest fan of the colorcombo .. not saying its not nice i just would have liked the car better in one whole color or when two toned a top and bottom color ..

rear would have been so cool in black so those custom tails would have popped out ..

but thats just taste it still looks very very nice , love all the details and self made stuff > awsome thread B)

Update time again, meant to do this yesterday but kept getting side tracked. Anyway I got some of the interior in and made an over sized fuel cell. Made from a cardboard cereal box (not really it's thin cardboard pretty much the same). The trunk lid has also been attached, that's about it for now.

Post171_zpsa0df8b72.jpg

Post172_zpse1f5f8ea.jpg

Post174_zps47974ef7.jpg

Post176_zps83c37ee5.jpg

Post175_zps19883411.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That's the second or third Mopar I've seen utilizing the Viper chassis/running gear. Your scratched frame looked great! Also the A pillar repair didn't look too bad either!

Thanks Mike, it's hard to beat a Viper's power and handeling plus I had them laying around so I thought why not take it to the extreme. B)

whow some awsome scractchbuilding in this thread , just love this car ... :wub:

i'm not the biggest fan of the colorcombo .. not saying its not nice i just would have liked the car better in one whole color or when two toned a top and bottom color ..

rear would have been so cool in black so those custom tails would have popped out ..

but thats just taste it still looks very very nice , love all the details and self made stuff > awsome thread B)

Thanks Richard I appreciate your honest opinion, means a lot. I agree with you on the tail lights, the red does drown them out. I've been thinking about running some black tape across the back and see how that looks. If it don't look to bad I might spray it. Thanks again Richard! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on the GTX again, here's what's been done.

Installed some laughing gas (NOS) for some added fun.

Post183_zps285c5481.jpg

Got the battery and wiring in place the fuel tank was also test mounted. The wiring is guitar string if anyone is interested.

Post182_zps2cfd310b.jpg

And finally the dash board is ready in install.

Post181_zps244b5b06.jpg

More updates to follow, I've got to have this done before Dec. 1st to make the Cannonball Run. I for see a few all nighters in my future.

Thanks for looking! :)

• 3 weeks later...