Model Cars Magazine Forum

1986/7 Monte Carlo SS

Scalper

Hello a very close friend of mine asked if I could build him is dream car, I could not refuse.

Its going to be black . Interior will have some red highlights. The engine,Electric fan/rad Exhaust will be from the grand national Kit.

Its going to have nice wide steelies from the amt ford intercptor police car.

I am going to have remount the engine mounts. I figure out the intercooler location.

Here is some picks to start.

DSC01366_zps19b88774.jpg

DSC01367_zps605036a8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hello did some more work on her yesterday. Trying to quite smoking so its keeping me busy.

Most of the engine is done. Wheels painted. Will have to do the lettering. and got the paint for the body Tamiya Ts-14 black

DSC01369_zps9134e228.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I think if you had used the GN chassis and the GN engine bay in the Monte, all your engine mounts/intercooler plumbing would be a lot easier.

I'm looking forward to seeing this done. The black looks excellent. It's going to have a beefy look with those wheels and tires.

"I think if you had used the GN chassis and the GN engine bay in the Monte, all your engine mounts/intercooler plumbing would be a lot easier"

Yes Tell me about it. would of been alot of work., The body for the monte has all the rad shroud molded to it.. that I was not expecting .and the rad for the GN is twice the size. The GN chassis I was thinking about it. but its much shorter. . I still Have to do a mock up after I get the axle and front end on., Stii have to find room for he intercooler and electric fan the I will know exactly where to mount the engine.

Thanks for the comments.

The GN chassis I was thinking about it. but its much shorter. .

Huh? :wacko: That is surpising. They are both g-bodies, both 1/24 scale, identical wheelbase.

Andre, before you get much further on that exhaust, get those mold lines sanded away. Clean those off every part and you will have a much better looking build and everything will fit better.

Yeah i forgot about the mold lines. getting sanded shortley

Carlo on the Left . GN on the right both 1/24 I lined up the chassis to the read axle mounting holes. Notice the GN is A bit shorter.

DSC01383_zps6418686b.jpg

I don't know if its like that on the real cars though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah i forgot about the mold lines. getting sanded shortley

Carlo on the Left . GN on the right both 1/24 I lined up the chassis to the read axle mounting holes. Notice the GN is A bit shorter.

DSC01383_zps6418686b.jpg

I don't know if its like that on the real cars though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thats very strange Andre, lt l had not seen the picture it would be hard to believe. Keep up the good work...

On the real cars the chassis are nearly identical. The wheelbase is identical. So somewhere along the line something is not scaling out properly when they did the original molds/drawings/measurements. The build looks good so far.