Model Cars Magazine Forum

what putty do you like?

Depends on the job, I guess. For spot stuff like small defects here and there, Mr. Surfacer 1200 brushed on in several thin coats before sanding. I've mixed it 50/50 with lacquer thinner and airbrushed it as a sandable primer and it fills OK but I'm not sure it's any better than Duplicator Sandable Primer.For building body mods I like Milliput two part epoxy putty. The extra fine white is what it's name indicates. Easy to work with and sets hard and still easy to sand and finish. I also use Tamiya White, Squadron and Bondo.

I looked at Evercoat and didn't care for the warnings on the container but that was for a styrene application.

Dale

For thin applications.....pinholes, small scratches,skim coats, minor defects etc. I use 2 part automotive spot filler (glazing compound). It sets up quickly, feathers well and is easy to sand.

The 2-part doesn't seem to have the same shrinkage issues that some of the one part fillers have.

working on a resin body that has some pin holes. What putty do you like to use for this as well as modifications. Evercoat?

Drew

For fixing little pin holes (even fairly significant air voids too) in resin bodies, I've found gap-filling CA glue to work very well--and it adheres virtually perfectly to urethane resin).

Art