Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 Cobra Berlinetta

Russell C

The caption for the magazine photo says "Russel[l] Cook's future winner is a combination of Jaguar / Cobra / Ferrari parts. This one is going to be tough to beat!"

Might have been Rex Barden who took the picture of it on the "in progress" display table. Problem is, the photo is from the August 1991 Plastic Fanatic magazine. As in 22 years ago and counting. There's a particular person I know of who has given me much grief about this thing remaining "on the workbench" for this entire length of time, as recently as just a couple of months ago. I really should get my act together on it......

775683978_Cobraberlinettaproject.jpg.3c69adb4d86037bb81846aca64b99d59.jpg

1915722578_CobraJagV-12.jpg.3f5b2499c9e7c84722f5550c4f4cf2fa.jpg

Monogram 427 Cobra, intended to mimic the overall look of a Ferrari 250 SWB with a shortened Porsche 911 roof, Hasagawa Jag V12 engine, Herb Deeks wire wheels......

1455143994_Cobra2views.jpg.df4c505a7f2cfe7af8419e9ee4279129.jpg

Edited by Russell C
fixed busted photo links
  • Like 1

Wow is that going to be beautiful. You have to finish it. Any idea what color. I'm pictureing it in Ferrari red, British racing green and Shelby blue and think it would look awsome in anyone of them. But in my opinion it needs a color as unique as it is.

Wow is that going to be beautiful. You have to finish it. Any idea what color. I'm pictureing it in Ferrari red, British racing green and Shelby blue and think it would look awsome in anyone of them. But in my opinion it needs a color as unique as it is.

Good suggestion. I was originally aiming for just classic Ferrari red but with the yellow emblems on the side depicting a prancing ̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶ snake. Twin pipes out the back each with twin outlet tips would complete the look along with one of my usual concocted stories about a young Carollo Shelbyani who later took his ideas to the UK and America...

• 1 year later...