Model Cars Magazine Forum

hi folk`s

i`m new to the board but not to modeling.i really want to build models of some of my favorate movie cars and trucks.as per the topic line,decals i have now i need the truck.what do i need to make kit a reality.

yours in advance

robert

I believe he's talking about Blue Mule, the 1977 Ford WT9000 COE in the movie White Line Fever.

There was a resin cab of the Ford about 5 years ago, it hasn't been available since.

JBOT Decals did make a nice set of Blue Mule decals including the Red River trailer decals.

Tim

According to http://www.imcdb.org/ it's a 82 Bronco (assuming you are refering to the Lil Mule from Romancing the Stone), and then a quick Ebay search revealed the 1981 AMT Bronco and the 1980 Revell Bronco. Good luck and keep us posted.

I believe he's talking about Blue Mule, the 1977 Ford WT9000 COE in the movie White Line Fever.

There was a resin cab of the Ford about 5 years ago, it hasn't been available since.

JBOT Decals did make a nice set of Blue Mule decals including the Red River trailer decals.

Tim

I happen to have the J-bot decals and a resin WT cab your refering to here. I just need to get polished up on my skills as Iv'e only built 4 trucks since I got back into the hobby after a 25 year break. I'd hate to mess up such a fine chunk of resin by getting impatient.

Rob

• 3 years later...

Um, Tim, according to www.imdb.com "White Line Fever" was released in theaters 16 JUL 75. Wouldn't that make the Blue Mule a 1973 or 1974, assuming that they shot the film in 1974, then did post production in early 1975?

depends on which truck you talking about from the movie, they had 5 blue mule's for the movie and some scene's it was a different truck, Filming took place in later 1974 and early 1975

the one mainly used was a 1974 Ford WT-9000 used for the filming in 1974,

Truck #2 was a 1975 Ford WT-9000 used for the filming in 1975, while Truck #1 when to truck stop, shows and behind the scene's picture's the photo on the VCR with Jan Michael Vincent standing in front of it with a gun and etc. to advertise for the movie

Truck #3 was a 1972 Ford W-9000 Universal Studio's acquired it from Ford Factories as left over, Ford Factories had it as a show truck to advertise for it's model "the W and WT-9000"

Truck #4 was a 1973 Ford W-9000 it was a stunt truck and scrapped back in 1976

Truck #5 was only used in 2 scenen's of the movie it was a Modified WT-9000, when it was actually a 1965 Ford W-1000, the only s scene's was part of the final cause this was the truck used for the jump, they switched to this truck in the scene right when they started to fire there guns in the final scene, before that for the night scene it was Truck #4 and the other scene it was used in is when the truck had paint marks all over it with the snake in the cab, this truck was scrapped right after filming in 1975

Rob

White Line Fever is very typical of the 1970's Trucker takes on Big Business movie. Fight scenes, chase scenes, crashes, fires, drama, etc..

Tim

<!--quoteo(post=54525:date=Oct 27 2007, 11:49 PM:name=Jantrix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jantrix @ Oct 27 2007, 11:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=54525"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ah, I've never seen that movie. I'll add it to my Blockbuster queue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, isn't it ironic how progressive the masses were during the 1970's and now how amenable they are to the corporatist way of thinking, even thought the movie was made by a big corporation. Freedom of speech then is a whole lot different than freedom of speech now evidently. Sorry for getting political.

depends on which truck you talking about from the movie, they had 5 blue mule's for the movie and some scene's it was a different truck, Filming took place in later 1974 and early 1975

Truck #2 was a 1975 Ford WT-9000 used for the filming in 1975, while Truck #1 when to truck stop, shows and behind the scene's picture's the photo on the VCR with Jan Michael Vincent standing in front of it with a gun and etc. to advertise for the movie

Truck #3 was a 1972 Ford W-9000 Universal Studio's acquired it from Ford Factories as left over, Ford Factories had it as a show truck to advertise for it's model "the W and WT-9000"

Truck #5 was only used in 2 scenen's of the movie it was a Modified WT-9000, when it was actually a 1965 Ford W-1000, the only s scene's was part of the final cause this was the truck used for the jump, they switched to this truck in the scene right when they started to fire there guns in the final scene, before that for the night scene it was Truck #4 and the other scene it was used in is when the truck had paint marks all over it with the snake in the cab, this truck was scrapped right after filming in 1975

I like when enthusiasts know the details.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, and I thought I knew the movie well! Now for the big question!!!??? Was the engine Cummins tan or Ford engine blue?

I know! It's like a 50/50 chance it was blue or tan. I'm thinking it was probably blue but part of me wants it to be tan so that everything is not blue. The chassis is blue, the cab is white with blue stripes. I just think a tan engine would break that up a bit.

Sort of sounds like the problem modern ship modelers have: everything is grey. So on 1/350 & 1/700 to keep the model from becoming an indistinct grey blob they break it up with different greys. I suppose we could do that with the blues for the "Blue Mule".

Haze grey, and under way!!

The Ford engine blue would be different from the blues on the cab and chassis but still......blue. Tan would really stand out especially with it being super detailed. Decisions, decisions!