Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am attempting to build a model of my own car, a 2007 HHR panel. Since no kit was ever made of this and I am a bit of a fumble fingered oaf, I am using the body off a Road Rippers RC car I found at K-mart. The body itself checks out pretty good against a pic online at the Chevy site. The side view and top view were spot on, although I do not know its exact scale. I am assuming it's close to 1/24 or 1/25th scale. I am even going to cut out the windows. So that means I will be scratching an interior. (Oh wow, hide the X-acto knives and call 911) I am at a loss as what to use for a chassis. Someone recommended a Citation kit, I was thinking cutting up one of my Geo Metros. I am open to suggestions here. Any promos or models using the Delta platform out there? If I can remember how to get pics on my Photobucket, I will post pics of the body.

The HHR is based off of the Cobalt platform (delta) just as the PT cruiser's platform is based off of the Neon platform. My closest guess would be to use the PT cruiser innards and chassis, as you will need to obviously do some minor tweaking to both components to make fit and appearence work. Might be better then trying to scratchbuild them!! HTH chris coffey, Spokane WA

And don't forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as you finish the project someone will pop a kit of it for ya. Murphy's Law rules!

Good luck. I'd check some of the Japanese companies to see what they have available for that platform. I'm often surprised to see what they produce.

• 3 months later...