Model Cars Magazine Forum

Renault 16...

Brizio

Very nice work!...

HELLER kits from the 60's-70's are surely not the easiest car kits to assemble :rolleyes:

The "R16" was surely a very rare sight in north america (quite more in Quebec/Canada), but surely not adapted for upper US east coast/mid west & canadian winters... finish/quality control & reliability... :wacko:

Very nice and meticulous work you've got going there, Brizio!

Thank you Joseph!

Very nice work!...

HELLER kits from the 60's-70's are surely not the easiest car kits to assemble :rolleyes:

The "R16" was surely a very rare sight in north america (quite more in Quebec/Canada), but surely not adapted for upper US east coast/mid west & canadian winters... finish/quality control & reliability... :wacko:

Thank you Paul!

This is my second Heller, the first one was a 1/43 Lancia Delta S4, a poor kit... This one has nice details, but lack in others...

I don't remember too much about my grandfather car, but I remember because of the salt used in the winter on the roads, the under chassis was all rusted and with holes. :(

you didn't know, how rare this kit is - also in Germany very hard to find. This year (i have an eye on it) there were only two at ebay...more collector grab them and nobody build it.

I will watch your progress. It is a really cool kit...like your work so far.

Go on Buddie ;)

you didn't know, how rare this kit is - also in Germany very hard to find. This year (i have an eye on it) there were only two at ebay...more collector grab them and nobody build it.

Go on Buddie ;)

Go on Buddie ;)

I had a hard time to find it too... I mean to find it with a "good" price. :) I paid it $75 with shipping, new and in sealed box. I saw some with a price tag of $140, the cheaper one I find, was a started one, with missing and broken pieces for 30 Euros. Needs a lot of patience to find one still non assembled and with a good price. I will check around and if I find something I will let you know. :)

Thanks!

Removed the starter, filled up it's space, and rebuilt exhaust manifold and carburetor.

wb5d.jpg

Edited by Brizio

I have just spotted this thread and I never knew that this kit existed! I will definitely have to look for one of these for myself as I remember my granddad had one of these many years ago. If I remember rightly, it was a pale blue colour and I think that it was from about 1977 (R reg here in UK). It was a very comfortable car from what I can remember, a lot more comfortable than the Vauxhall viva he had afterwards!

Anyway, best of luck with your build and I shall be following this for sure.

I have just spotted this thread and I never knew that this kit existed! I will definitely have to look for one of these for myself as I remember my granddad had one of these many years ago. If I remember rightly, it was a pale blue colour and I think that it was from about 1977 (R reg here in UK). It was a very comfortable car from what I can remember, a lot more comfortable than the Vauxhall viva he had afterwards!

Anyway, best of luck with your build and I shall be following this for sure.

Thank you Mark! You also have a piece of memory on this car, my grandfather car was light green metallic. The interior was sand. :)