Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone have pics of a built amt chevy bel air 409 ?

ERIK88

quote I see varied colors on the valve covers, can someone tell me what color they used and what color a factory Z/11 should be? I also hear that the kit interior is incorrect for a Z/11 car, is this true? I think MCW has the proper interior. would it be worth it to buy it?

From what I've observed during my research for my own '62 Bel Air the valve covers shown on the "Old Reliable" in this thread are pretty close. The color is silver but it is tinted to a silvery "steel gray".

Try doing a yahoo or google images search on the '62 Bel Air, you will note that there are a few differences in the silver color. There are enough that are just about the same color to suggest that the tinted gray color is close enough to the original to call it a close match. At least that's what I am going with that is if I don't use those sweet Offenhauser Aluminum Valve covers.

Edited by Skip

The 62 Bel-Air kit, has the correct interior for the late year Z11 engine option. the 409-425hp and the z-11 engine, had the silver/gray valve covers.From the factory. The MCW interior, is for the 1963 Impala kit, converting the bucket seats to a bench seat. The 63 Z-11 did not come with bucket seats. Steve Prideaux