Model Cars Magazine Forum

How Do I Use Mr.putty Strong?

Hi everyone, I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how to use and apply Mr.Putty two part epoxy putty smoothly to my models? Just got some, but of course the instructions are in Japanese as I suspected! B) I want to use it to fill a void in the back of a bench seat and headrests. please see attached photos.

Mrputty-vi.jpgseatback-vi.jpg

Adam, I don't have any experience with the type of putty you're trying to use.................I can tell you it looks as though you should use equal parts of each "stick", just like as if you were mixing putty 5 min. epoxy.

If I were you however, I would not fill in the entire seat back with putty! I would use as much plastic as possible then fill in the seams with the putty. The seatback pattern shouldn't be too hard to trace on sheet plastic. I usually use automotive putty to fill in bodywork where needed.

Best way to go with something like this is to test it out on something scrap at first, to avoid surprises later. Also it's good to get a feel for how it works since it's new to you. B)

Adam, I don't have any experience with the type of putty you're trying to use.................I can tell you it looks as though you should use equal parts of each "stick", just like as if you were mixing putty 5 min. epoxy.

If I were you however, I would not fill in the entire seat back with putty! I would use as much plastic as possible then fill in the seams with the putty. The seatback pattern shouldn't be too hard to trace on sheet plastic. I usually use automotive putty to fill in bodywork where needed.

Best way to go with something like this is to test it out on something scrap at first, to avoid surprises later. Also it's good to get a feel for how it works since it's new to you. :blink:

Ok, Thanks for your advice Bill. I'll give it ago. B)