Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Lamborghini Countach LP500S

Tourpretendent

Dear Reader,

After being on a break from modeling for 30 years I decided in 2010 to start over again, this time however I wanted to do it differently, more accurate and with attention for detail. So I started with a 1/24 car and got hooked again.

now I present the Illusive Lamborghini Countach LP500S. I started this build in January 2013 and was on a brake during the summer. I wanted to start again however was hit by a car being driven by a drunk driver during cycling (my other big hobby).

I’ll start with showing the box with on it a red car, mine will be in blue with golden rims and white interior with black carpets. The cell phone is an indication of the size of the car!

I decieded to build my car as it just left the garage, I really admire folks who build their models with a used look but I don't have the talent to do so.

The works started with the engine.

I followed the instructions but adjusted the ignition wiring, I used the basics as sparkplug cabs and glued the wright color and width ignition wiring on them.

The gear shift leaver supplied in the kit is not scale correct so I changed it for one made of brass.

The speakers where shallow dots in the body, so a drill bit did wonders.

As I said earlier I wanted to at more detail to the kit so I used flower to replicate the carpet in the interior.

This complete my topic for now.

Because of my injuries it will take a while before I’ll post the new update.

Thank you very much for reading, regards Ronald

I am so sorry to hear about your injury by a careless drunk driver Ronald. You are an artist and this is your craft, it shows in your amazing eye for detail.

I look forward to seeing you move on with this build. I myself am building the 1/16 scale Lamborghini 25th anniversary Countach.

Good luck on a speedy recovery and getting back to what you like to do.

-Ken

I feel your pain, as I am also recovering from an accident. I blew out my Achilles Tendon in my left leg.. It'll be another 3-4 months before I'm mobile. Modeling has kept me from going absolutely insane while being housebound . The build is looking awesome so far, keep us posted on your progress..

Dan

This is looking great, Ronald. I was going to comment on the mold seams on the suspension components, but upon further examination they look like they belong there (they would be present on cast metal pieces). The use of flour to replicate carpeting is a new one on me. I might shy away from biodegradeable materials, but I suppose being sealed under a layer of paint it shouldn't be an issue.

1:12 is such a fun scale to work in; so much detail visible at this size. Of course, that means you have to put so much more detail in ;) .

(Drunken drivers should be banned - from driving, from drinking, from eating....)

...from breathing...

Edited by Shardik

Hello everybody, thank very much for the very nice compliments.

@Dan sorry to hear, track & field injury? I'm on morphine so I can't work on the model ad the moment. I have the concentration of a vegtable :( I see what you mean, with becomming insane while housebound :wacko:

@Shardik, no issue with the biodegradables because as you also conclude, their under a few layers of airbrush paint. And yes there is a lot to see in this scale ^_^

@Peekay, yes drunken drivers should crash on bridge post's or something similar.

@ Joe, just give it a try it will rewarding.

Regards, Ronald

1/12 scale

Thanks! Doh! the clue is in the title of this topic!

Years ago I saw a Countach in Kensington, my wife is a big fan of them so we followed it for a short while. It turned off the High Street, round one of the squares (blocks) then back onto the high street the same way it had come in. Apparently the approved way to reverse a Countach is to open the door and sit on the sill so you can see behind you, so it's simpler not to bother turning one round!

• 1 month later...