Model Cars Magazine Forum

alclad polished aluminum

Yes, something went wrong. In my experience their polished aluminum comes out almost looking the same as their chrome. Also in my experience it is much easier to work with than their chrome; it is almost foolproof. And that's not an insult. I can't think of what might have gone wrong. I've never had humidity or any other atmospheric/meteorological conditions affect the results with polished aluminum. I know that's no help, but my response is intended to accentuate the anomalous nature of your experience. I do hope someone here might have a clue. Maybe you should just try it again and see what happens.

Bigjeff posted before I finished, but I will contradict him: you should be using the gloss black base with the polished aluminum.

Edited by Chillyb1

Yes, something went wrong. In my experience their polished aluminum comes out almost looking the same as their chrome. Also in my experience it is much easier to work with than their chrome; it is almost foolproof. And that's not an insult. I can't think of what might have gone wrong. I've never had humidity or any other atmospheric/meteorological conditions affect the results with polished aluminum. I know that's no help, but my response is intended to accentuate the anomalous nature of your experience. I do hope someone here might have a clue. Maybe you should just try it again and see what happens.

Bigjeff posted before I finished, but I will contradict him: you should be using the gloss black base with the polished aluminum.

Thx for setting me straight :D