Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Transtar 4300

My project is starting to take shape. Once I got the wheels on I knew I was making some good progress. The tractor and completed trailer (Great Dane 40' Dry Goods Van) is my first attempt at model building so I appreciate any hints/tips/suggestions from you guys. I'm happy with the way the trailer came out and I'll post it up in the "Under The Glass" section. Take a look at the current tractor pics and give me some pointers or comments.

Thanks!

post-10450-0-37484200-1382565384_thumb.j

post-10450-0-17394400-1382565387_thumb.j

post-10450-0-41955600-1382565388_thumb.j

You sure you're new to modeling???This is some good stuff, Man....You're a natural.....I see great potential, here.....Your skills are coming along at a breathtaking pace.....Takes a bit of an artists eye for this hobby, and you've, definitely, got one.....Great job, already...

You sure you're new to modeling???This is some good stuff, Man....You're a natural.....I see great potential, here.....Your skills are coming along at a breathtaking pace.....Takes a bit of an artists eye for this hobby, and you've, definitely, got one.....Great job, already...

Haha...now THAT'S an awesome complement! And yep, I'm sure. I never even built any models as a kid - just got started at age 37.

Funny thing is, I don't consider myself to have any "artistic" ability per-se. I'm actually a software developer by trade lol. (Cool thing is, we're the top provider of software for the trucking industry, so pretty much any big rig you see running down the road was either dispatched by our software, or was used to pay the driver, or hooked into the mobile-comm units, etc.) If you handed me a paintbrush and a canvas it would probably look like something from a 3 year old. But I suppose "art" can have many forms.

I really just spent a lot of time reading then gave it my best shot. Some of the comments on the Great Dane trailer are really making me smile! But yes, I think I've found my "niche". I see myself sticking with this for many years based on how much I'm enjoying it!