Model Cars Magazine Forum

For sale Plymouth Duster 50 Bucks !

Pat Minarick

Pat, I really like your Duster. You did a great job on weathering and that Viper chassis under it brings a smile when I see it there. It seems to belong there. It's nothing you did but, I am surprised the Viper underpinnings didn't bring the car down to the ground further. Good thing they didn't or that would have ruined the look you were going for.

Thanks Ken !I mounted the body as high as I could on the frame and I slid the rear wheels down on the uprights to get the rear up higher .

Look amazing!

I love it when a bunch of parts come together to build something great!!

Thanks Ken !

Very very cool weathering job on that Duster. I love the choice of replaced panels and the quarter windows too.

The summer of 1977 I had the opportunity to buy a 1976 Duster from a girl I knew who had bought it new and got overwhelmed with the payments. It was silver with a red bucket interior, console and red pin stripes. Remember, that was back when the Ford Granada had every car copying the silver and red theme. Slant six auto car with air conditioning. Low miles and $1500 would get her out of trouble. Of course I didn't have the $1500 and my father vetoed it!

Thanks Tom ! I used to have a '76 Super Silver Addition Duster , silver with a red black and white stripe, red interior , and a Moon Roof .

Very nicely done!

Thank You Lee !

This turned out super nice! The weathering looks great, just like it was found from a barn or something. Great wheel choice, too. With a non-modern engine, this would be one of the coolest Dusters I've seen. But it's very cool like this, too.

It might be that I don't make it to the starting line with my Torino Talladega, but I couldn't beat these monsters anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Niko ! :)

I love the weathering from the underdog! Looks WOW!

Thank you Dominik !

Awesome build! Beautiful weathering and I love the "cracked" worn stripes! I remember when I used to buy Dusters for $50 bucks a piece. Wish we could still get 'em that cheap, I'd have a dozen of them! Best little cars in the world IMO.

Thanks Alan ! I can't believe what they are getting for a Duster now !