Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 FORD [ GASSER] ?UP DATE 11-13 13 almost done !

bpletcher55

this kit is a pain in my A$$ the body dose not fit on the chassis very well and this is making me want to though this thing in to the wall!i,ll make the best of it but will not be building this kit agen .pics coming soon of finished build.

I'm sorry to jump to conclusions, I didn't know it was just Mocked up.. What is the issue with the fitment you are having?

the chassis dose not sit up into the body the or as far as i think it should the dash is coming in contact with bottom of the windshield and there is a gap in the rear behind the rear seat and the body .i have fixed these problems and moving on .the interior is to wide and to tall after being assembled on the chassis and installed in to the body , but I was able to fix it and save the build from being smashed! :) .

the chassis dose not sit up into the body the or as far as i think it should the dash is coming in contact with bottom of the windshield and there is a gap in the rear behind the rear seat and the body .i have fixed these problems and moving on .the interior is to wide and to tall after being assembled on the chassis and installed in to the body , but I was able to fix it and save the build from being smashed! :) .

Good to hear ! . Keep us posted with pics :)

Great job on this gasser Blair. I decided to build one myself and found your site and it answered a couple of questions I had in mind. I had just recently built the Modelhause '57 Ford Country Squire and a trailer from Robb's Garage and thought a '57 Gasser would go perfect behind the wagon. I have been gathering the parts I need and doing some preliminary painting. I should be ready to start putting it together. I'm just trying to decide on the steel wheels from the kit or to go to chrome racing wheels? I guess I'll wait on that part till I get the frame together and can rest the body one it. Anyway love what you've done keep up the great work

Blair, you were right about being a pain. Just when I thought I conquered something on the build, I find that something else does no line up right. But then when you change from the original kit there are always little problems. I used the drag front-end from the Chevy Nomad kit and a 427 wedge motor I had in the parts box. Had to do a little slicing here and there. Hope to have it together before Thanksgiving. I'll post some pictures then.