Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Ford Shelby GT500

mrmike

Thanks John!

The Story

McNally calls the owner of the Shelby and strikes a deal for the car. The balance of the afternoon was spent at the bank and the Registry transferring his plates from the Charger to the Shelby. He spends whatever little time he has left in the afternoon looking for Dominic with no success. He calls Caitlyn and agrees to met her at her condo to pick up Tracy and watch over her for the rest of the night. Tracy gets into the Shelby and says, "Another blue Mustang?" The Boston PI replies, "No, my first blue Shelby."

The Build

Last night I cut down the rear coil springs by using my razor saw and removing two coils.

Shelby19.jpg

I removed two coils from the front coils.

Shelby20.jpg

The chassis is nearly complete.

Shelby21.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks Jake!

"Another blue Mustang?" "No, my first Shelby" Typical girl..... :rolleyes:

I missed this earlier, Mike. As usual, all is shaping up exquisitely.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie! In my first McNally, Boston PI story, Tracy was with McNally when he purchased his first Mustang, a metallic blue '06 Mustang that was rebuilt by his friend, Vic. The Mustang was destroyed in a later story and was replaced by the '06 Charger Daytona. Tracy is not a car person, rather a businesswomen whose company caters to women entrepreneurs. To her, a car is nothing more than a means of transportation.

Thanks Carl!

The Story

McNally stops at BPD headquarters to talk to Sgt. Adam Troy about the dead truck driver and Dominic Chadbourne. Adam tells of a warrant for Dominic's arrest from San Francisco PD for the murder of a 30 year old woman in their city. An BOLO has been issued for his arrest , but McNally has an idea...he needs to set a meeting with Dominic to settle this once and for all. He calls Tracy to get Dominic's cell phone number which Tracy still has. He then tells Adam that he has a plan and asks if Adam wants in on it. Adam replies, "Heck ya!"

The Build

I spent part of last night and this morning masking the body so I can paint the trim with Tamiya TS-29 Semi-Gloss Black.

Shelby22.jpg

All that masking and trimming was worth the effort!

Shelby23.jpg

Shelby24.jpg

McNally will return...

Nice job on the masking, Mike.

I was going to do the Style-Tone on my '57 Ford, and I can't cut the tape right to fit, so I'm doing the roof two-tone instead. Two-tone paint is something I dread doing, but even with that little bit of work there, yours came out nicely.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks guys! James, I did the roof strips afterwards.

Charlie, I use Tamiya tape for my masking. It is thin and sticky enough to work very well for me. It also cuts nicely with a sharp hobby knife and burnishes well.

The Story

McNally walks outside of Boston Police Headquarters and over to his new Shelby that is parked at the curb and leans against the fender with his cellphone in his hand. He dials the number that Tracy had given him and listens for the call to be pick up. “Hello?” “Hello Dominic. The name’s McNally.” “Oh…you’re the private eye that is trying to find me, aren’t you?” “Yes I am. And, it is time for us to meet. Pick a place and time and I’ll be there.” “Yes! It is time and I do want to meet you,” he laughs. “The old church hall on Palling St. by the T-Station. 9:00 PM. No guns, no cops, and come alone.” “I’ll be there,” says McNally and the line goes dead.

The Build

I got the seats decaled and installed into the floor plate along with the dash and center console.

Shelby25.jpg

Then I got the interior side panels installed.

Shelby26.jpg

A closeup of the dash and console.

Shelby27.jpg

McNally will return...

The Story

McNally drives past the old church hall on Palling Street several times before parking down the street from the place. He checks his Smith & Wesson Model 4506 and places it in his shoulder holster before getting out of the Shelby. He walks around the outside of the hall before entering through the rear door that was locked. He finds his way up to the main hall which is littered with paper and other debris and looks around before finding a spot to sit down and wait for Dominic. He checks his watch and it is only 8:35 PM and he hears some noise coming from the front of the building five minutes later.

It is Dominic who has brought a lantern and McNally surprises him by saying, "Hello Dominic!" Surprised by McNally's greeting, he runs up to McNally ready to fight only to be met by McNally's fist to his face. A few minutes of trading blows to each other ends with McNally giving Dominic a combination of lefts and rights to Dominic's body and face with Dominic finally hitting the floor exhausted and bleeding from the cuts and wounds on his face. Sgt. Det. Troy walks into the hall with two patrol officers behind him and Dominic is cuffed and arrested. Adam says, "You OK" and McNally tells him that he is fine and he quietly walks out of the hall.

The Build

The body, interior, and chassis have been joined together.

Shelby28.jpg

The engine bay is nearly complete.

Shelby29.jpg

I foiled the taillight buckets.

Shelby30.jpg

McNally will return...

Mr. mike, those peguses tires..... your using them in lieu with the factory kit wheels?

I ask because I want to say I bought a couple misc sets of those rubbers to "test" fit with various parts box rims without rubber

they have a nicer detail than the kit treads too i'd imagine

Thanks guys!

Mr. mike, those peguses tires..... your using them in lieu with the factory kit wheels?
I ask because I want to say I bought a couple misc sets of those rubbers to "test" fit with various parts box rims without rubber
they have a nicer detail than the kit treads too i'd imagine

Daniel, the Pegasus tires are great! They have nice thread and sidewall detail, too.