Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Ready picture page 2)

I will build this one for my kid for Christmas for surprise. Will be difficult to keep it out of sight for him but I will do everything I can.
Will be build straight from the box, hard enough to be ready in time :huh:

01k4.jpg
Unboxed yesterday evening
8dqx.jpg
Edited by Dinky

Cool, would like to have the Dino also but they are very hard to find for normal price here in Holland.

I will have an update in the weekend.

The quality of this box is bad compared to the Lindberg trucks I build lately. There are so many sinkmarks in visible places and lot of stuff that must be long sanded before it looks normal.

Dinky, i only gave 5 bucks each for both of the trucks at a local cheap shop. I went back to get two more of each the next day and they were all gone. They had like 10 of each left when i got mine. :(

The decals on the dino truck look to be a real challenge. Im going to make a tank track van monster truck out of it. Cant wait to start but i have other builds to finish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally some time to work on the Ninja Turtle.

The tooth decals are on, lucky me.... soon they hit the water they broke in pieces but I was able to use them.
I gave the body one extra clear coat to protect the decals.

q58i.jpg

First experience with Alclad paint (blower and valve covers), very nice stuff but goes off very easy.

pxe4.jpg

Some progress on the chassis
fgof.jpg
Tried one off the wheels with a red outside edge, I like it and im going to do the others also.
There are some molding holes in the rims but these will not be visible because the hub will come in front.
hq9c.jpg
8 days until Christmas.......

And some more progress, driver compartment ready and the front axle is on.

58b5.jpg

Test fit for the body.

l2v9.jpg
Dryfit of the first wheel, I still had doubts but now I'm sure and I'm going to do the other wheels the same.
m8zx.jpg
Now first some putty and paintwork before I can proceed with the chassis.

Thanks Richard :)

Scoop is filled, painted and placed, after that I could finally add the rear part of the roll cage. Without that I couldn't install the rear shocks and the rear axle.

7s6n.jpg

And another dry fit :lol:

p5dm.jpg

The end is in sight and Christmas also ;)