Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 , I mean 1964 Mustang

sports850

This is my uncles 1964 mustang that I decided to make for him in scale . This shot show's it's maiden outing where he learnt the fuel guage didn't work (more on that later)

trev.jpg

I built this using the old AMT 1966 mustang kit and it fought me all the way with fit issues (and then the paint had to be stripped twice due to my stuff ups and then the bonnet stripped a third time after my cousin sent me some photo's showing the bonnet not having the raised FORD badges the kit has) but this is the result . The Right Hand Drive dash was from KP Conversions in Tasmania , a HUGE thankyou to Fred (Zenrat) for the 12 slotter wheels and also thank's to Rod (local mate) for the air cleaner .

The firewall is too far back but this is as close as I could get it to its correct position and the body to fit ...

057.jpg

Yes , the bonnet is sitting crooked in this photo , only noticed the photo after I delivered the model .

027.jpg

030.jpg

And I couldn't resist poking fun at my uncle for running out of fuel (he's one of the biggest stirrers I know) so I put a fuel can from the Fujimi garage tool set in the back seat :)

054.jpg

Thank's guy's , it was a fun build to do despite the drama's with it .

Gene , the maiden run along with each subsequent run has given my uncle huge smiles , but he doesn't mention running out of gas .... He's now trying to convince my aunt that he needs a second mustang .