Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who makes a chopped '50 Ford Pickup body besides Jimmy Flintstone?

I started a project earlier this year based on the Jimmy Flintstone chopped '50 Ford pickup body shell. It's basically all done but the JF shell is too thick to fit properly without mucho collateral damage to what has been completed up to now. I'd love to get her done and off the bench. I know, I could chop the kit body myself, but I'm knee deep in other projects and feeling lazy. So... does anyone else make such a shell? Preferably not so thick this time...

I think Replicas & Miniatures of MD does one. 3" chop & nice, thin white resin.

I seemed to recall the same thing but am not sure. It's not listed in the catalog, but many things Norm has done over the years aren't listed which simply means you must ask. And of course, RepMin makes the finest "white resin" I can think off! I'll drop him a line. Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know any more about this?

Here's an in-progress shot of my build with the RMCoM cab and smoothed hood from years ago, Bernard.

Hopefully Norm can still use the mold and get you one. ...

Yum, yum! I just completed an order and am getting ready to send him an e-mail. Fingers crossed that he's still got a working mold and will sell me one! Thanx loads for the picture. Now I'm really salivating!