Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 Chrysler 300C

o-man

AMT Rides 300C.
DSCN2944-vi.jpg

Painted flat white with flat clear to simulate a matte finish; going for a DUB/VIP appearance. Interior painted ivory and buff. Tamiya's buff dries very quickly so it leaves a rough finish as you can see from dash.
DSCN3811-vi.jpg
DSCN3810-vi.jpg

Its got a Hemi.
DSCN3750-vi.jpg
DSCN3752-vi.jpg

Chassis details. Had to leave off rear control arms to get wheels to fit. That's why there are four holes open; wont have a mirror under it.
DSCN3807-vi.jpg

Kit went together well until time to mount body. Front end would not sit on chassis like it was sprung. I trimmed the glass and removed on of the rear mounts which helped some. I think for the next one I will remove all the mounts and sit body on chassis.
photo-vi.jpg

I grabbed one of these when they first came out, still have to build it.

It's an interesting styling exercise, as for the first several years of 300 production, Chrysler only offered a grayish (so odd and ambiguous a color, I can't even call it "gray" definitively), and the buff/camel interior looks much nicer than the sole factory offering.

I'm not sure if I like the flat white paint; personally, I would've gone with Tamiya's Racing White or perhaps the Testors "White Lightning" over the flat white base and made something akin to Cadillac's White Diamond.

Blackout trim never did much for me, but the chrome rims add a nice little bit of sparkle to what can otherwise be a very ominous, sinister-looking, heavy-handed design. I think the second-generation refresh is a much nicer-looking car- not radically different, but the details changed enough so that it's improved substantially. I'd like a 2011-up Charger/300 in plastic. Yes, I would buy them.

Charlie Larkin

• 3 weeks later...