Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Chevy Impala Convertable

rollinoldskoo

You have a nice looking build. Looks like very clean work. I don't think that most people on this site are into your type of builds. Thier seams to be certain type of builds ,they go crazy over. I don't understand why. We need everyone that builds to keep this Hobby alive. I will probably get flak over this as I do for my comments sometimes. Keep on building what you like and keep on posting anyway

hello there friend! jus wanted to drop in and say that is a nice build. The detail and the cleanliness in untouchable. I myself have a 63' hardtop that i want to make convert. Also dont worry about whats hot or what builds are on the hit list. You jus have to do what makes you happy.Keep on wit the keepin on!!!

Peace

AJulia

I agree with Mustanglover. It's your build and you should build it the way you like it. I don't nessesarily look at what's built but at the quality and neatness of the build. I think you did an outstanding job on this car. Looks very clean. Keep up the good work!! :o

You have a nice looking build. Looks like very clean work. I don't think that most people on this site are into your type of builds. Thier seams to be certain type of builds ,they go crazy over. I don't understand why. We need everyone that builds to keep this Hobby alive. I will probably get flak over this as I do for my comments sometimes. Keep on building what you like and keep on posting anyway

exactly..... i bet if i did up a 32 ford as nice i would have more comments.... we need to come together as a building community or we'll have nothing....

exactly..... i bet if i did up a 32 ford as nice i would have more comments.... we need to come together as a building community or we'll have nothing....

I myself can see the talent you have...It is impossible not to see in such a great looking build..

While I am not really much into the lowriders,I do appreciate the skill it took to create such a car.

I am into offroad vehicles,which is another area of building which isn't wildly popular.I build them because to me,they are the coolest.I might post one of my subjects,and get no responses,but it doesn't bother me,because I know that we all have our own tastes.

A lot of times,I won't comment on a particular car or even go into a thread just because they are not in my area of interest.I am ,however,very much into old Chevrolets.Yous is an excellent example and you should be very happy with it..

Well I'll say even though I don't build "lowriders" I can sure appreciate your build B) and honestly the

last shows I went to...some of the biggest "WOW" builds were this type of build..the amount of detail and

paint that go into one is pretty impressive

I myself can see the talent you have...It is impossible not to see in such a great looking build..

While I am not really much into the lowriders,I do appreciate the skill it took to create such a car.

I am into offroad vehicles,which is another area of building which isn't wildly popular.I build them because to me,they are the coolest.I might post one of my subjects,and get no responses,but it doesn't bother me,because I know that we all have our own tastes.

A lot of times,I won't comment on a particular car or even go into a thread just because they are not in my area of interest.I am ,however,very much into old Chevrolets.Yous is an excellent example and you should be very happy with it..

thanks everyone for the comments.... i myself have been mostly building lowriders.... in the past i've done a scratchbuilt lift kit for the lindberg 97 ford 4x4 kit based of a 1:1 lift kit i saw featured in a 1:1 magazine... i have also tried a few street machines and got a 37 ford sedan i'm trying to chop and section... i know a lot of work goes into building rat rods, street rods, and everything else.... i just wish people could look past the image that a lot of people have associated with lowriders...

and to answer a few of the questions....

the kit is a Lindberg 1961 Impala convertable... intake from the AMT 58 impala... chrome valve covers from the old revell 55 belair (yes that pain in the *** old kit with the opening doors)

added the hydraulic cylinders from the AMT 1970 Monte Carlo lowrider...

bucket seats (kit came with a bench) came from a diecast 63 impala convertable (classic metal works???).... front bumper with the deluxe bumper guards comes from a diecast 61 impala they sell in walmart.... rear bumper is from a 1959 impala kit...

Or maybe we should gang up, us lowrider-guys vs the rodders, and come together and have big fights once a year!! B)

or maybe not...

I for one prefer the lowriderbuilds, and this is great, i love the coloring!