2014 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Quick update, here's the direction I'm going with the design:

SDC11912.jpg

Completed wheels and tires:

SDC11913.jpg

Painted engine:

SDC11914.jpg

Color scheme is going to be dark green metallic exterior with white/black interior (same as actual car; floor, console, dash are satin black while seats and door panels are white)

I am also going to be doing my rebuild of the 1964 Chevrolet Impala lopsided. And my 1968 Dodge Dart from the last cannonball run, the dart is currently getting stripped. The dart had an "accident" while I was moving things around so I tore it apart and going to 're build it. But enough of that lets get onto the impala.

IMG_20140118_173417_zps7ojp4arx.jpg

IMG_20140118_173407_zps4nsrihwr.jpg

This is why we can't have nice things...

This is the mess I'm dealing with right now, after the masking tape came off. I've got the body soaking in Simple Green, but the blue is resistant. May have to get some dot3 from work and see how it likes those apples.

102_2396_zpsb42d2bfe.jpg

I got the wheels and transaxle done. I'm gonna be using the stock wheels anyway, didn't have anything suitable that would fit in the stash.

102_2402_zps8e2a4899.jpg

Engine is nearly done. I lost the oil filter and made one from sprue.

102_2403_zpsb5414d12.jpg

This is why we can't have nice things...

This is the mess I'm dealing with right now, after the masking tape came off. I've got the body soaking in Simple Green, but the blue is resistant.

Did you prime? Or was that sprayed over the bare plastic? If it is, 90% isopropyl alcohol is what I would recommend. If not sand down to primer coat and let the detergent attack the primer.

Nice lookin builds everyone! :)

Finally started my '64 Impala. Starting point is this kit.

P1150714_zpsead192fa.jpg

As always I started this project by building engine. It's kind of mix of big block parts from my parts box. Also its going to get supercharger and fuel injection.

P1150717_zps68774308.jpg

P1150718_zpsb0587d7c.jpg

Next I need to paint rest of engine parts and start assembling. Hope that I have update soon.

I'm making better progress on the Mustang than I did on the Mercedes I entered last year. I've got some work done on the engine.

DSCF5170640x482_zpsc6ba03fd.jpg

Meanwhile the body and underside have had a coat of primer.

DSCF5169640x480_zps3fdc8742.jpg

DSCF5171640x480_zps65873bf5.jpg

I should have another update soon.

I want the Torino to have a hood scoop, but all I've seen in my kits or parts box is clunky and not very graceful. So I'm forming my own with what's here.

I like the flat hood and hope it's not too much, along with the fender, nose and tail treatments.

Hood1_zps51e4ea06.jpg

I cut along the existing character line...

Hood2_zpscd8aa23d.jpg

...bend it up at the front, then down at the back to level it out. Careful not to over stress the plastic.

Hood3_zps52500700.jpg

Glued in some fill plastic and some body putty and smoothed. This shows the wave transition from front to back along its natural lines.

Hood4_zps2f1d60ee.jpg

Hood5_zps4e18cbc5.jpg