Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dinky's 32 Ford Coupe

Dinky

Thanks Mike, This helpful info.

So DOT3, 4 and 5,1 should work these are either based, only Dot5 seems to be silicon based.

@ Rich, i have the hood almost clean sanded, I tried the firewall with MrMuscle and this part looks real ugly now hahahah, that part now really needs brakefluid or long time sanding ;)

• 3 months later...
Finally some new inspiration after many times of things going wrong, wrong, wrong ;)

This was the result using Mr Muscle and Dasty cleaner, great result..... NOT
foto1.jpg

Than I thought lets buy a bottle DOT4 brake fluid, well this was the result after about two hours.
foto2.jpg
This is the result after about 24 hours and toothbrush for the small corners B)
foto3.jpg

Now im going to clean the rest of the car and start all over with other paint, i'm not sure about the color yet. Probably dark red or dark green.
Edited by Dinky

I just went trough the same ordeal (well, I did not strip it completely) with one of my builds, so I feel your pain. Mine turned great the second time around and I wish you the same. It is a great color you are going with.

ooh nice .. so you used new dot 4 and that worked that fast .. hmm i will try it myself if its needed (hope not lol)

and dinky // nice color !! i have here a rattle can thats almost that color haha mine is a tad darker though

526501_280371865429064_525036173_n.jpg

482864_280371722095745_1944632514_n.jpg

527620_280371762095741_827709103_n.jpg

but like you showed lighter and on your ford .. hmm would look great , a real vintage color ...

good to see your building again !!

Thank you Arno.

The car on the picture is pretty much British Racing Green and Tamiya has an exact match in spray cans. I have one somewhere in my garage that I can find if you need the number.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...