Model Cars Magazine Forum

A bit of Nostalgia!.....30 year old Nash Metropolitan builds

traditional

These are very cool Cliff! Back in the early '60's I grew up with a neighbor, who was a Doctor, that had one just like your yellow and white one. It was his daily driver. Seeing yours brought back that old memory. These are nicely done.

Beautiful work on both of them! Way better than you'd expect from a Hubley kit. Can you explain about the muffler tape? Seems like it would be too thick to cover trim; what's the secret?

kovacs-o.gif

Hi Christopher, The tape that I use is somewhat the same as the aluminum (not cloth) tape used for taping ductwork, etc. It is a bit thicker than BMF but still quite thin and I cut it with scissors or a sharp exacto/ straight-edge. It's best for relatively straight lines and because it's actual metal, it can be burnished over a raised piece of trim with a toothpick to take the exact trim form. It's fairly easily removed when fresh, but over time becomes quite permanent. I've been using it for a long time and what I like most about it is that it usually doesn't have that wrinkly look you so often see with BMF.