Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Ferrari Modena 360 question

I'm looking for some info if anyone can help me out quick. I am looking to use this chassis as a base for a project but it looks like it may be a bit to wide. I have kit number #228. What I'd like if anyone has built this one could you measure outside of tire to outside of tire on both front and rear. Just needing the width of the car from outer most point of base.

Thanks a ton for anyone that can answer my question on this. I'd like to know before I cut up a $40.00 kit.

Thanks Joe, I had the Revell chassis under the Mustang I'm building. I decided to go with the Tamiya set up for better detailing as I'm thinking of opening the car up a bit, (doors, rear hatch area, etc) I found out getting into the Tamiya chassis is that it seems a bit wider than the Revell one. I was hoping that someone had the Tamiya built to give me an idea of the width but I decided to mock up some of it and found out I have to cut and narrow the upper and lower a-arms to keep the track width under the body......