Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Cuda

stump

Hey, thanks so much again guys, your very welcome comments help immensely..I often need a good shove on some of these. :lol:

Cliffo, cheers mate. Yeah, the back wasn't as bad as it appeared. Went to a Doc just to check yesterday (besides work requesting it :rolleyes: ), he checked me over, made me (try) to bend over,

which I managed without a hitch, even got my hands flat on the floor while standing.....made him blink I think. :lol:

Cliffo, I haven't snagged a shot with the motor in place yet, but it looks to sit ok to my eye, if anything, it may be a tad forward??? Hard to find a good photo looking directly down on an engine bay.

Just seems to be a pretty decent gap between motor and firewall to me? :wacko:

Haven't made much of a dent in things, though bench time hasn't really eased.....just tedious work....

Got a Z-bar happening......Hard to see in some of these pics, sorry.

The start, drilled some 1/16 rod (? may be a tad smaller...) to accept a mounting wire.

DSCF9172-vi.jpg

Both legs/levers added, quick coat of paint.....

DSCF9176-vi.jpg

And probably NOT the most accurate of mounting positions....but it lines up and meets the trans ok.

DSCF9180-vi.jpg

Underside shot shows the position more clearly. As I said, not the most accurate...

DSCF9183-vi.jpg

Mounting position on the trans, or bellhousing.

DSCF9185-vi.jpg

Clutch fork made from solder, flattened on one end and drilled out.

DSCF9169-vi.jpg

And speedo cable locator, small diameter stainless tube, modified RBMotion nut added. It will of course be cut a lot shorter than that. :lol:

DSCF9170-vi.jpg

And mt BRAND NEW FLAT hood from Mike. Thanks again mate. ;)

DSCF9173-vi.jpg

Rightio, may not get much done today, just about to head into big Bro's place for a Sunday BBQ. Australia Day down here today. Gotta wave the flag. :D

Seeya all again soon guys, and thanks again for stopping by

Cheers

Greg

Greg, your doing a great job on this! The only critique would be the orientation of the arms on the Z bar. You want the clutch fork lever close to the engine, not the frame rail as pictured, and the pedal lever leaning forward on the frame rail side. If you look at the relationship of the clutch pedal to the Z bar levers it's obvious. It looks like you got it, but just be careful!

I hope this helps:

post-222-0-15138300-1390747169_thumb.jpg

Anytime I have a question, I just use Google, or a similar search engine. It's amazing what type of detail drawings/pictures are out there. If you don't find what your looking for, change the wording or description slightly. I typed in "plymouth clutch linkage drawing" and found the above image.

​Great job your doing. The air shocks are period-perfect and look VERY convincing too! And the plumbing…. wow.

Edited by FASTBACK340