Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Nomad (3rd Car Build)

~Mark~

Well after a few 14 hour days at work I felt I needed to unwind a bit.

I got the clear on the body and am happy with the results.

20140122_201945_zps348c6d64.jpg

Once I got that as good as I can I moved to installing the engine and most of the suspension.

20140122_202515_zps90eeeaef.jpg

I almost forgot to BMF the exhaust tips. Now I need to find a picture of where the break and fuel lines should go.

After I got that done I put the body on just to get a shot for my laptop's background.

20140122_202808_zps5db8eaef.jpg

I'm a bit nervous about doing the BMF on the trim. I'd like to get that done this Sunday.

20140122_202827_zps97f9f43a.jpg

I have a lot to do in the engine compartment. I wish I would have waited to put the steering box in until after I glued up the firewall.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to match it up once I get the firewall glued in, just one of the screw ups in this build.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure if she'll look stunning, but I'll be happy if it kind of almost looks like a car. :P

I'm also happy with my color choice. I wasn't sure about splitting the top, but the rib lines made an easy place to mask, and I think it gives it kind of a Star Trek look.

DumpyDan

Posted Today, 10:39 AM

Nice, I am in the middle building a 4 door converted from a Nomad, will post when finished.

Give me a shout when you post the pictures. I'd like to see them.

Once again, thank you all for the kind words.

Last night and part of today I spent working with the BFM. Boy do I wish this was around when I was younger.

Once my nerves were tested to the fullest, I moved on to the windows. They went on nice, and without any fuss.

Except for looking for one of the wing windows, but the carpet monster was kind.

20140125_132811_zps553ad8ec.jpg

20140125_132731_zps3716e393.jpg

This is about it for today. I'll see if I can get some bumpers on sometime this week.