Model Cars Magazine Forum

"snap" W900

Started my W9 tonight started by just takin some measurements. I found the wheelbase a bit short 218" It.don't seem right to me. My 900L with 60" aerodyne has a 260". Also found the BBC to be a lil off so in gonna do 2 frame stretches. One just behind the front springs and stretch the hood making it a 900A and the other behind the sleeper making a scale 12" wb for a 300" monster! Gonna try and possibly open the grille and use stainless mesh. Also wanting to find a KTA 1150 any one know if one exists in 1:25? Anyway took a few pics of the chop will post later. Still tryin to figure a paint scheme. Can't do orange and white wouldn't want to copy suzuki cafe racer.

Nice ride. I just finished the big stretch on mine. Havin a prob uploading pics right now. I'm a lil sceptical on how to stretch the hood. Every time I have tried putty it done seem to stick it kinda chips off when I go to filing it. What putty do you use?

I use squadron white or green putty

Yep, those are good and for large areas I like this stuff.

P1173009.jpg

You can find it at most parts stores.

A tip when using any putty get some "green scotchbrite pads" I cut them into 1"x1" squares. Scuff the area up some with your little pad. The green will not remove any detail (rivets & ect) but will scuff the plastic to give the putty some bite other then applying over shiny polished plastic.