Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Firebird

Stretch75

Thanks...I tried to concentrate a little more on the interior on this build...I want to slowly perfect my skills. Been so long since I really got into models. I am amazed at the builds I see on this forum and I want to try and learn everything I see on here. I hope to be half as good as some of the builders on here...some of them simply amaze me.

Johnny, if you don't mind I'll offer a suggestion that should help you make the interior a little more authentic. If you take a look at a 1:1 T/A steering wheel, you'll see that the spokes have two different sizes of holes drilled through them. You could pop your steering wheel off the column and drill it out using a pin vise and a couple bits. You might also consider thinning the spokes from the back side using a small file. Small details like this can make a big difference.

Thanks Monty...I thought about painting the holes black because I knew they weren't supposed to be filled owning two of them before and it totally escaped my mind to just drill them out lol I am popping the wheel off now and again thanks ;)

Edited by Stretch75

1/24 scale Roy and yes it is Jurgen. I am going more for a custom look than factory. I wish I had the skill to build headers for it but unfortunately at this point I just don't have those skills being my 3rd buid after many years being away from the hobby.

dont use rosin core solder though, it pretty much has to be silver solder.......if you use the rosin core stuff it will eventually drip outta there! i had it happen to me on a 67 chevell prostreet......what a mess, but it took a couple years to happen........

cheers

bryan

Do you have any examples Bryan of the headers to kind of give me an idea? Also do you or anyone know how I can fix an issue with this Firebird...my problem is the chassis must be warped or out of wack...it sits on three wheels and there really is no adjustment I can do with the wheels the way they mount...I thought maybe heating it but not real sure how to go about it...any ideas would be great?? and thanks in advanced!! :)

you could submerge it in some hot water to straighten it........once its warm, you can straighten it. ive never done it, maybe one of the other guys could explain it in better detail.......

if you look at the all aluminum hemi cuda topic here...... he makes some killer headers, let me find you the link. stand-by

cheers

bryan

Haha Bryan...you ain't kidding! I am through 16 pages already and I can't get enough. This is truly artwork at its best...I am just amazed at the craftsmanship. My mind is truly blown right now...unbelievable. Thanks for sharing this. This is definitely a thread to save.

I am even sharing some of it with my wife right now I am so blown away at the work.

Looks like you're getting back in the groove Johnny. To straighten your chassis, just twist it the opposite way more than needed. When it goes back, it should be right. It may take a couple or more twists to get it right. But, it will work.

Hey Roger wanted to thank you again...I was going to twist it before this and was worried I was going to break it but I twisted it pretty good quite a few times and it is now sitting proper. Thanks!